Tank protection and bike cover.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRMH Eagle

Reaction score
My new FJR is arriving in a few days. I need a full cover to "hide" it (as much as possible) in my carport from wandering eyes, and to protect it from the sun and the elements as it's parked outside while at work.

Wow, I've spent half the day on this forum taking mental notes and bookmarking pages.

The first thing I want to have covered (pun intended) when my bike arrives is a cover, and tank protection like Tank Slapper. I'm wondering how well Slapper works.. is it thick enough? I learned that Slapper makes protection for the fairing as well.

Opinions on covers and tank protection?

Some ideas on a fix. I just got the Tankslapper kit (complete bike kit for about $44). Haven't tried to install it yet, so not sure how it will work. Some love it....some hate it. Click here: Ideas

Also, you can go to the uppper right hand part of your screen, where it says SEARCH. Click on that and type in Tankslapper. Remember, some guys swear by it and some, who had trouble putting it on, really hate it.

Also, there is a guy "Joe2Lmaker" that is trying to sell his kit (doesn't have the time, I guess). So Click on this, then scroll down: Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm gonna do the full cover, Nelson Falcon 2000 unless someone has a better choice. Any here with a Falcon 2000? What size do you have? One site said to get the XL, of if I'm using a top box to get the XXL?

Last edited by a moderator: