• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

TechSpec's Gripster Tank Grips/Protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechSpec Dean

Reaction score
Check these out. TechSpec's Gripster Tank Grips. Truly a product that will not only improve your riding technique by allowing you to grip the tank, but also will improve the comfort of your ride and protect your tank. No more sliding up on your tank while cornering and braking and then bench pressing 300 lbs to get your butt back in the saddle. You will notice a difference! Plus, they use a Releasable / Reusable adhesive. No messy goo should you ever need to remove them. These are a quality product and are receiveing excellent customer reviews.

62-0066_SS1_big.jpg

https://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/yamaha.html

https://www.techspec-usa.com/reviews.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Very timely posting. I've been wanting to get something like this for better grip when I brake. I particularly felt the need right after waxing my tank and--really stupid :blink: --Armor All'ing my seat. I was slippin' and slidin'!

Thanks for the referral.

Jb

I saw something similar on Tinker's FJR. Nice stuff and a good idea. Now, if I wasn't leaning toward the Carbon Fiber stuff from Geelong......

Any thoughts on "Snake Skin" versus "High Fusion" finishes??
I asked Dean about this and he recommended the Snake Skin for FJR riders since we tend to ride, ahem, a bit more aggressively than cruisers.

I should also mention that Dean has just donated 2 sets of Gripster Tank Grips, 2 50% off coupons for the grips, and a couple of his company's t-shirts for our SW-FOG raffle next May. Thanks Dean!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the 'ICE' product first, because I was afraid that the gripster might be too 'grippy' or some such... Doh... Ended up removing the ICE (much lower friction than the GRIPSTER) & replacing it with Gripster. I like it alot & appreciate the ability it gives me to grip the tank when necessary... No connection to the dealer, YMMV, etc etc

Starboard side shot:

100_0487small.jpg

Aft view forward:

100_0488small.jpg

I orderd a set a week ago and haven't seen them yet!

Got them today. Can't wait to try them. I am in the habit of gripping the tank whenever it gets technical so this should be just the ticket.

Boogahboogah,

I see you have some mast shrouds in your picture. Beach cat? We used to race Hobies (16s, 18 Magnum). Then a F-24 MKI for 9 years. Now a F-31 UC (as pictured in the avatar).

I installed a set of these tank grips a couple weeks ago and really like them!
+1- Great grip but the corners have a tendency to pull up. What is the best way to stick them back down?

Bill
Bill, did you get this worked out? i just got off the phone with Dean @ techspec, he said you should call him at 916-941-6606 if you have any problems with adhesion. Dean said they are very customer oriented, and want people to be happy with their product.

He is sending me a sample package to see if I want snake skin, or the fusion.