TECHWEST 2007 => Head Count, Please!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
If you have not informally signed up to attend TECHWEST 2007 at Desert Valley Powersports in Prosser, WA, PLEASE DO SO NOW!!!

[SIZE=18pt]Signup form for TechWest 2007 - FJRGoodies.com[/SIZE]

Immediately next door (literally) to Desert Valley Powersports is a very nice, modern Best Western called the "Horse Heaven Inn". Dan Denchel has secured an awesome room rate for FJR TechWest 2007: normal room rates are $109.95/night. For TechWest 2007, this weekend, rooms are just $69.95/night!

The Horse Heaven Inn Best Western reservation number is (509) 786-7977, and you MUST tell them Group Discount code when making your reservations, which is simply: "FJR".

We need the headcount to ensure we have enough food/drink.

Hopefully, many of y'all will arrive Friday evening at participate at Ignacio's BBQ on Friday night.

The latest two clinics added to the TechWest schedule are:

1) - Installing Tapered Steering Stem Bearings: Tapered Steering Stem Bearings are an inexpensive way to greatly improve the overall front end feel. See all the tips/tricks to installing them on your FJR!

2) - Tire-plugging clinic: Ever patch a tire while on the road? Believe me, you don't want to learn how to do it for the first time while standing on the side of the road in the rain!

If you didn't get a chance to come up for the Grand Opening of Desert Valley Powersports last month, your DON'T want to miss TechWest 2007! Come on up and see the staff and meet the owner Dan Denchel. This man has done an AWFUL lot for the FJR community over the years, and holding free TechWest clinics year after year is just an example.

See you on Saturday, May 19!!!!!!

MW121158b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude,
I dont know where this is. I assume it is in California somewhere right??
Prosser, WA. :lol:

Close enough.... :p
Yea, I garminedededed it. 680 Miles, To late to plan on top of my other ride the following week. Would be a great excuse to ummm.... Leave for the weekend tho.....

**Cdog is thinking this over**

**Cdog thinks, "she is my GF not my wife"**

**Cdog thinks, "Yea but then........... Well yea but.. Oh, Nevermind**

Yea, I garminedededed it. 680 Miles, To late to plan on top of my other ride the following week. Would be a great excuse to ummm.... Leave for the weekend tho..... **Cdog is thinking this over**

**Cdog thinks, "she is my GF not my wife"**

**Cdog thinks, "Yea but then........... Well yea but.. Oh, Nevermind**
Well, solve the problem by just bringing the woman with you, Cdog! :D

She can visit the several wineries within walking distance while you drool all over FJRs all day! Then by the day's end, you'll be ready... and so will she! ;)

About 30 folks signed up thus far....... B)

Furthest Rider: a 2006ABS coming from Dover, NJ

2nd Furthest Rider: a 2006ABS coming from Covington, LA

Most Represented Model: 2006 model with 28.6% of all attendees.

2nd Most Represented Model: 2005ABS with 23.4% of all attendees.

[SIZE=14pt]You DON'T want to miss this event! Sign up NOW![/SIZE]

So - think the wife would notice I'm not at my daughter's 8th grade play?

Maybe I could get an inflatable dummy of myself - hmmm.... :blink: I don't usually say much during those things. ....

So sorry to miss this.

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait to visit Dan's "loo of nature...."

I so want to go to this...I am going to have to quit working to make more time for stuff. I hope they have a great turn out so they will do it again next year.

Hey, dog-gon-it -------I'll be missing this ...got a long scheduled custom seat ride-in

BUT, you guys are in for a treat. I was fortunate enough to make the grand opening and these folks in Prosser are a first class deal. And, you can have some real fun if you want to get creative with the roads to/from there. I had a great time riding up ...and then the locals put me on some groovy roads back down (thanks tobie!).

I would really like to do this trip again. Perhaps if anyone puts a spirtited, silly, non-slab ride up there and back ...you'll document it?? ...so that I can live it vicariously?? That would be swell.

here is my ride report(clicky) from the grand opening at Desert Valley Powersports ...perhaps it'll help give you an idea of what you can expect ...and some of the roads that you can violate ...if you dare stay off of the slab.

Have fun ....wish I could be there. ...renojohn

I would say that beats the several folks that are from more than 1 state away.....Sheesh! :blink:

NJ is SO far away...that's almost like being close in Oregon.....the only two states that don't let you pump your own gas.

There is a special prize for the individual that travels the furthest to get to TechWest 2007, so if the NJ gent indeeds makes it to Prosser, he might be the winner.... B)

:yahoo: I have been told I'm from out of this world, does that count? :blink:

Or did they say my brain was out to lunch.... HMMM... :dribble:

I have been told I'm from out of this world, does that count?
What I tried to do is get Dan to agree to have folks simply obtain a time-stamped gas receipt immediately upon departure for Prosser, and we would use those as your "start point". Then you would need to maintain a fuel log with the 5 pieces of data typically required to claim a LD bonus:

• time
  • date
  • odometer reading
Typically, the first four items are printed out automagically at the pump; you only have to fill in the odometer reading.
However, Dan wanted to just go with the home town as the start point, so..... :huh:

I have been told I'm from out of this world, does that count?
What I tried to do is get Dan to agree to have folks simply obtain a time-stamped gas receipt immediately upon departure for Prosser, and we would use those as your "start point". Then you would need to maintain a fuel log with the 5 pieces of data typically required to claim a LD bonus:

• time
  • date
  • odometer reading
Typically, the first four items are printed out automagically at the pump; you only have to fill in the odometer reading.
However, Dan wanted to just go with the home town as the start point, so..... :huh:
Well there went my idea of taking the 'long way' to Techwest! Lesse... I could have headed east for a while before making my way north until I hit a border, then just facing my bike west and riding.

Actually even if I wanted to, I cant make this event. I technically don't have enough vacation time right now for the few rides I have planned for the next couple of months!

I miss my 4 weeks of vacation time at my old job. :(

Most Represented Model: 2006 model with 28.6% of all attendees.

2nd Most Represented Model: 2005ABS with 23.4% of all attendees.

Using best Bob Uecker voice "...JUST a bit too far!"

About 5000 miles too far. :(

Maybe if I leave 10 minutes ago?

map.jpg

So - think the wife would notice I'm not at my daughter's 8th grade play?
Maybe I could get an inflatable dummy of myself - hmmm....
Howie thinks "hmmm...he DID leave the door WIDE open!"

So, kaitsdad...how's she gonna tell? :)

Using best Bob Uecker voice "...JUST a bit too far!"
About 5000 miles too far. :(

Maybe if I leave 10 minutes ago?

map.jpg
No, no... you can leave as late as 12 noon EDT on Thursday (May 17), and have sufficient time to do an Ironbutt 50CC ride to arrive by 9AM PDT Saturday, May 19.

AND you would win the Longest Distance award! B)