Texas FJR Riders Fun Routes???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna head down from Utah in a week and a half to Austin. The 3's are on the agenda, and the Lone Star Museum. :clapping:
Only there for 3 days so any must sees are welcome. Don't have a hotel yet, thinking downtown Austin.
There's a little loop south of I-10 a few miles west of town that was fun. It's only ~12 miles, so good idea to ride it in both directions for a little variety. I'll have to look for specifics, but I remember there is a historical marker along the route for one of the Texas revolution battles it that sparks anyone's memory.
Willow City Loop

You should check out what is now Ride Texas bookazine (used to be a magazine but has changed). They are also here here on the web. The not only have maps of great roads to ride but what you can see and do and where you can eat when you get there.

As always while looking through the threads, I often become jealous of some of the "out of state of Texas" riders, because they seem to put together rides and show some pics of their twisties and valleys and mountain regions. Tonight, I just got plum agitated, why don't anyone from the 4th largest city in the U.S. post up some group rides, gosh darn-it, we can do it. What is the problem....
Aaahhh!!! There in lies, the answer.

Texas the one of the largest state in the union and Houston, being the 4th largest city; well it's a good statistic, however when it comes to MC riding Super Sport Touring Riding, we probably have some of the least twisty roads I know. Not speaking of the Hill Country, just around Houston. You have to travel North of course, to the rural counties to do some riding, and there aren't that many twisty roads around. Everything is flat and I suppose since we pride our state on everything being big, then they just plowed right through, not making any twisty snake roads. And growing up around them counties, you get too spirited around them turn, and you'll run up the rear of Farmer Johnny and his Giant Tractor, cruising down the road, pulling a hay bailer... :eek: :eek:

I will be on a mission this March and April, to try and plot some routes to share on the forum.

If there are some guys who have plotted some good routes, please share because I wanna travel some different roads other than freeways this season....however, we probably have more State Trooper's than any State around, so spirited may not last too long. Any thing that twists, don't twist for long; everything just straight and flat...Heck, if I was making a wagon trail...way back when, It would have been a straight line too.

That being said, cruiser riders love the Texas roads.

Guess we'll just have to be happy that were the greatest State in the Union without great 'Super Sport Touring Roads'.
Umm.. never could quite get why people from ticks ass consider their state to be the "greatest in the union". Zackly what is it about ticks ass that makes it so great, other than square miles? California is bigger, Alaska is WAY bigger, and I never hear that bragging from residents of those states, so numbers, please. P.S. I have ridden the so called "Hill Country" of ticks ass. Not that impressive, compared to the riding in Oregon, Washington, Colorado, NorCal, Montana, etc. And fucking overrun with tiny little deer.

P.S. P.S. -- When I say "numbers please", I mean show me something substantive that qualifies ticks ass as the greatest state in the Union, other than the typical ticks ass braggadocio

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm.. never could quite get why people from ticks ass consider their state to be the "greatest in the union". Zackly what is it about ticks ass that makes it so great, other than square miles? California is bigger, Alaska is WAY bigger, and I never hear that bragging from residents of those states, so numbers, please. P.S. I have ridden the so called "Hill Country" of ticks ass. Not that impressive, compared to the riding in Oregon, Washington, Colorado, NorCal, Montana, etc. And fucking overrun with tiny little deer.
God lives here. He sent all the people who don't believe Texas is the best to live in Oregon so they could be depressed by all the rain and the 4 month riding season. The deer in Texas are like manna from heaven. We eat them for dinner with a hearty lager.

God lives here. He sent all the people who don't believe him to live in Oregon so they could be depressed by all the rain and the 4 month riding season. The deer in Texas are like manna from heaven. We eat them for dinner with a hearty lager.
Beg pardon? I ride 12 months a year. And I know how you get them deer to your dinner table. You put big spikes on the front bumper of your big pickem ups, and when you get home, you just pull the carcass off the spikes and take it inside. Completely legal, or so I've heard. :rolleyes:

God lives here. He sent all the people who don't believe Texas is the best to live in Oregon so they could be depressed by all the rain and the 4 month riding season. The deer in Texas are like manna from heaven. We eat them for dinner with a hearty lager.
Really? Is this the best that ticks ass riders can come back with? :clapping:

Well, Texas is great because of the flat lands that allows for growth and spacious development.

It's great because some of the most important battles help forge the U.S

It's great because we are a kind hearted and mostly neighborly folk who care and share with the world.

It's great because the people of the state look kindly within itself and kindly upon the rest of the other states.

It's great because all the states of our Great Democracy is great, we just choose to use the adjective more than others.

However we Texans perceive your unfounded attack upon our use of the term 'Great' just to be your personal choice to have a cranium of melancholy .

Well, Texas is great because of the flat lands that allows for growth and spacious development.It's great because some of the most important battles help forge the U.S

It's great because we are a kind hearted and mostly neighborly folk who care and share with the world.

It's great because the people of the state look kindly within itself and kindly upon the rest of the other states.

It's great because all the states of our Great Democracy is great, we just choose to use the adjective more than others.

However we Texans perceive your unfounded attack upon our use of the term 'Great' just to be your personal choice to have a cranium of melancholy .
"Not unfounded. You did not merely claim that ticks ass is a great state, but the "greatest state" in the union. So I would like to know, why is ticks ass greater than the other 49 states? And in what way? All the stuff you listed above could be said about any number of other states. Quote or link to just one solid stat that would back your rather inflated claim. As they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I think maybe most ticks assians have heard this propaganda while growing up so much, that they just spout it out without really thinking about it.

One of the great things about Texas is that it's not Oregon. Did you get lost on the forum, or somehow think "Texas and South" pertained to your interests? It's pretty clear from your posts that it doesn't, so shoo away now....

"Must be Texans... the lowest form of white man there is." Said by Al Sieber, Chief of Scouts (Robert Duvall), in the movie: Geronimo: An American Legend (1993).

I don't know about that...? :unsure:

Said by an old motorcycle buddy: "The sun has riz and the sun has set -- and here I am in Texas yet." :)

As always while looking through the threads, I often become jealous of some of the "out of state of Texas" riders, because they seem to put together rides and show some pics of their twisties and valleys and mountain regions. Tonight, I just got plum agitated, why don't anyone from the 4th largest city in the U.S. post up some group rides, gosh darn-it, we can do it. What is the problem....
Aaahhh!!! There in lies, the answer.

Texas the one of the largest state in the union and Houston, being the 4th largest city; well it's a good statistic, however when it comes to MC riding Super Sport Touring Riding, we probably have some of the least twisty roads I know. Not speaking of the Hill Country, just around Houston. You have to travel North of course, to the rural counties to do some riding, and there aren't that many twisty roads around. Everything is flat and I suppose since we pride our state on everything being big, then they just plowed right through, not making any twisty snake roads. And growing up around them counties, you get too spirited around them turn, and you'll run up the rear of Farmer Johnny and his Giant Tractor, cruising down the road, pulling a hay bailer... :eek: :eek:

I will be on a mission this March and April, to try and plot some routes to share on the forum.

If there are some guys who have plotted some good routes, please share because I wanna travel some different roads other than freeways this season....however, we probably have more State Trooper's than any State around, so spirited may not last too long. Any thing that twists, don't twist for long; everything just straight and flat...Heck, if I was making a wagon trail...way back when, It would have been a straight line too.

That being said, cruiser riders love the Texas roads.

Guess we'll just have to be happy that were the greatest State in the Union without great 'Super Sport Touring Roads'.

P.S. P.S. -- When I say "numbers please", I mean show me something substantive that qualifies ticks ass as the greatest state in the Union, other than the typical ticks ass braggadocio
California is bigger? Guess you slept through geography. But here's the numbers for ya....Texas land area: 268,580 square miles, California: 163,695 sq. miles. That makes Texas 104,885 sq. miles larger than California or plenty of room to fit in Oregon (98,380).

California is bigger? Guess you slept through geography. But here's the numbers for ya....Texas land area: 268,580 square miles, California: 163,695 sq. miles. That makes Texas 104,885 sq. miles larger than California or plenty of room to fit in Oregon (98,380).
https://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_cap_p...tions-1977-2006

Hey--you guys got off topic. I was just in Dallas 2 weeks ago and saw an awesome route just full of high-speed sweepers. Just figure out a way to cycle through through the "High Five" interchange over and over at 2:00 am when traffic is light and you'll be twisting and turning all you want :D

16.jpg

And as for Oregon--their women make the best pillions because instead of needing heated vests in cold weather they just let their natural fur covering (everywhere) keep them warm; they don't complain about not showering or having their hair messed up by a helmet (they're that way to begin with); and they don't need an actual bathroom for bathroom stops--just anywhere on the side of the road will do....

One of the great things about Texas is that it's not Oregon. Did you get lost on the forum, or somehow think "Texas and South" pertained to your interests? It's pretty clear from your posts that it doesn't, so shoo away now....
I got no problems with ticks ass per se, just some of the residents that think ticks ass and the people that live there are something special, above and beyond, god's gift to rest of the nation, etc. I been there, rode that, and it ain't.

Hey--you guys got off topic. I was just in Dallas 2 weeks ago and saw an awesome route just full of high-speed sweepers. Just figure out a way to cycle through through the "High Five" interchange over and over at 2:00 am when traffic is light and you'll be twisting and turning all you want :D
16.jpg

And as for Oregon--their women make the best pillions because instead of needing heated vests in cold weather they just let their natural fur covering (everywhere) keep them warm; they don't complain about not showering or having their hair messed up by a helmet (they're that way to begin with); and they don't need an actual bathroom for bathroom stops--just anywhere on the side of the road will do....
Funny you should mention that going on the side or the road thing. I was riding up a tight, twisty little canyon road in eastern Washington once, came around a corner and there was a car, with the passenger door open, and a gal squatting with her pants down. I had a perfect look at her bare ass. As it dawned on her that I was approaching she scuttled sideways like a crab back up into the car, bare ass still out. The image is seared into my brain. And please stop projecting Idaho women's deficiencys onto Oregon women. A couple of them won't like it. :rolleyes:

My booboo. I take it back. Rescind my unfactual statement. Mea culpa. Jesus forgive me. My bad. Dammit, I hate when I get my square mileage for the states wrong. :angry2: :rolleyes:

Spud!

Ironic you should mention that.

Last night, as being the perfect night in H-town before the humidity chimes in, I was riding around the city on the Freeways and such and thought the same thing......These are some nice roads, when there aren't a million other people on them, especially going via the interchanges as your photo depicts.......1:00am -3am riding is not going to happen often though.

My booboo. I take it back. Rescind my unfactual statement. Mea culpa. Jesus forgive me. My bad. Dammit, I hate when I get my square mileage for the states wrong. :angry2: :rolleyes:
It's all in fun to me bro. I sometimes wonder why I live here when I could live anywhere I want but I'm kinda stuck here with family, wife's job, kids in school etc. I definitely do NOT have the best riding areas around where I live and I think that was the point of this thread in the first place. Texas is so damn big but so limited in really good riding.

It's all in fun to me bro. I sometimes wonder why I live here when I could live anywhere I want but I'm kinda stuck here with family, wife's job, kids in school etc. I definitely do NOT have the best riding areas around where I live and I think that was the point of this thread in the first place. Texas is so damn big but so limited in really good riding.
My sister lives in the DFW area. She rides, but as she says, "I would get out more, I have to plan at least 6 hours of crap riding to get to any good roads." I do feel lucky to live where I do in regards to great riding. However, on the minus side, we do have to put up with a lot of rainy crap weather. I wish I could live in and ride in New Mexico or AZ in the winter and then come back to Oregon to live and ride during the summer.