textile, wterproof pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
I'm looking for above mentioned pants (not overpants) for summer riding. Looked at Fieldsheer and heard about zipper problems. I'd like good protection as well, any suggestions?

TIA Ian, Iowa

I use the bohn underpants that include armor. They are great. You can wear Levi's and no one can really tell you even have them on. They also make a mesh version for really warm weather. I highly recommend them. Waterproof pants will ususally be too warm for any summer riding. Are you having a problem with rain in the summer? PM. <>< :D

Bohn Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the First Gear HT (Hypertex?) Air overpants. They are mesh enough to breathe in 100+ temps and have a zip in waterproof liner.

I have ridden in light rain without the liners a few times and not gotten wet. For a "downpour" I think I'd put the liners in.

In the Winter, I will wear sweat pants under them and I have been fine. On long trips in the Summer, I wear "UnderArmor" shorts and the mesh weave is tight enough to maintain dignity.

The Aerostitch Darian pants are textile, waterproof, and offer fairly good crash protection. They also come in a standard and a "light" version for warm weather. That is the good news, the bad news is that they cost $300.

Check out Olympia Motorsports. They have some nice textile pants. Their prices are reasonable. I have the Airglide jacket and pants and I'm very happy with the quality and function.

I have a pair of Alpinestar ST-5 drystar pants. actually I have the older goretex version but it's the same pants. good armor, waterproof and it does have a zip in liner when it's colder. I never really use the liner even when it's about 28 degrees. I wear it in the summer here in GA when I commute (about 150 miles a day) and it's not bad. I dont' trust the mesh stuff and I usually wear slacks to work so I don't need bug guts on my slacks thru the mesh. :)

usually you either get something that's waterproof or cool. I choose waterproof and find it's not bad in the summer. I think sometimes it's cooler than wearing just jeans as the heat coming off the motor is not noticeable.

just my $.02

I'm looking for above mentioned pants (not overpants) for summer riding. Looked at Fieldsheer and heard about zipper problems. I'd like good protection as well, any suggestions?TIA Ian, Iowa
Fieldsheer has improved their zippers and fasteners. I bought the Booster pants because they appear to be as good or better than the HTs and were significantly less money. Zips to my hydro tour jacket also. If the zips fail,

I can have all the zippers replaced with the best and still have less into them than the HTs.

I have the First Gear HT (Hypertex?) Air overpants. They are mesh enough to breathe in 100+ temps and have a zip in waterproof liner.I have ridden in light rain without the liners a few times and not gotten wet. For a "downpour" I think I'd put the liners in.
+1. A good choice for all-season riding.

I have the First Gear HT (Hypertex?) Air overpants. They are mesh enough to breathe in 100+ temps and have a zip in waterproof liner.I have ridden in light rain without the liners a few times and not gotten wet. For a "downpour" I think I'd put the liners in.

In the Winter, I will wear sweat pants under them and I have been fine. On long trips in the Summer, I wear "UnderArmor" shorts and the mesh weave is tight enough to maintain dignity.
+1 on these First Geat pants. When it's really hot though I have a pair of Joe Rocket mesh pants that give more ventilation than my First Gear pants.

I'm looking for above mentioned pants (not overpants) for summer riding. Looked at Fieldsheer and heard about zipper problems. I'd like good protection as well, any suggestions?TIA Ian, Iowa

Motoport...mesh kevlar w/liner. 'Nuff said.

PTP

newenough.com moto gp pants with liner, waterproof ,ce armor in knees and the price is right. bought a pair for myself and 1 for the wife.no complaints here

newenough.com moto gp pants with liner, waterproof ,ce armor in knees and the price is right. bought a pair for myself and 1 for the wife.no complaints here
Hrm... I looked at those and almost pulled the trigger but didn't.

I have mesh for the summer, and you just can't beat Toggs...

If it rains enough to get you wet, toss them on over the mesh and you're done. If it gets cold or chilly they make excellent wind breakers too. What more do you need?

I have some older Joe Rocket something or others for Colder riding that are water proof but they are way too hot for anything above 50 degrees if you ask me.