Thank You

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try a BMW dealer, or Buell, they just ask how long you will be gone. I imagine BMW and Yamaha have similar liability problems. How can anyone ask for $13,000 without a long test ride? Rant over, Thanks, Doug
because they aren't asking $23,000.00.

But I've taken $25000 Harleys for a ride... the salesman does ride another bike with you....but somehow, I dont' think any of the salespeople I took test rides with minded leaving the shop to go riding! Ok, that was in Hawaii.... here in Ohio, they just wheeled the bike out , warmed it up and said have a nice ride... even tho it was only an 03 Triumph... used... But when I came back they asked what else I'd like to take for a test ride... The Victory guys did the same thing... <G>

Mary

He was just curious to see how easy it would be to steal bust's scoot. :lol:
Hey Odot yer still alive? I've missed you wit around here lately.

Yep he coulda stole it, but he left his BMW with the key in my driveway. Think I'D have got the better end of the deal :D

:jester:

Hey mary, ya get that home on wheels done yet? :p

A friend from work was in the market last month, so I went with him: Of the dealerships that let us ride, all took a photocopy of our driver's licenses (with motorcycle endorsement). At 2 Harley shops, they flipped us the keys and suggested a route; at the BMW dealership, the salesman rode with us; at the Yamaha dealer, only used bikes could be ridden - all they had were cruisers, so we passed; at the kawi/honda/suzuki dealer, if you made an appointment, they'd let you ride whatever. Nice to see there are some advantages to the area dealerships...

Friend ended up with a Harley on a 7-year payment plan that he won't be comfortable riding until he adds about $3K more in farkles (and yes, I did let him ride my FJR).

He was just curious to see how easy it would be to steal bust's scoot. :lol:
Hey Odot yer still alive? I've missed you wit around here lately.

Yep he coulda stole it, but he left his BMW with the key in my driveway. Think I'D have got the better end of the deal :D

:jester:

Hey mary, ya get that home on wheels done yet? :p
Ya know...he coulda been upgrading. "Hm.....stolen beemer....maybe I can trade this in for a feej?" :unsure:

I'm thinking that if you do buy, You should make sure to stress that Bustanut Joker is actually the one who sold you on the bike and He should at least get a referral fee or some free farkles etc.....Because the Salesman sure didn't earn the commission for the sale.

The owner of a dealership here bought an FJR as his personal ride and left it at the dealership for test rides. I got to ride the FJR to compare it to the R1200RT and the K1200GT. I am glad because I would have bought the BMW if it weren't for that test ride.