Thanks Guy's I Did It !!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sl_1300

Reaction score
Well I have been a board member for 2 1/2 years and tonight I bought my first FJR. She is a beauty.....08 Raven Black. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I pick her up in the morning and I'll post pics soon. Thanks to all who answered my questions it really helped with my decision. Also that test ride of a C14 that just did not trip my trigger helped a bunch too. :unsure:

See page 2 for a link to some pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have been a board member for 2 1/2 years and tonight I bought my first FJR. She is a beauty.....08 Raven Black. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I pick her up in the morning and I'll post pics soon. Thanks to all who answered my questions it really helped with my decision. Also that test ride of a C14 that just did not trip my trigger helped a bunch too. :unsure:
Congrats!

Sl 1300,

Just got ur email, CONGRATS!!! Glad to see you made the right choice. You are going to love the FJR.... Let the farkles begin!!!

WW

Thanks guys, I'm sure I won't sleep any tonight !!! I feel the first farkle will be bar risers and then ......... :rolleyes:

Ride it for at least 1k miles stock..then farkle away.. I tried risers, then went back to stock.. sold the risers.. Congrats dude! :rolleyes:

Ride it for at least 1k miles stock..then farkle away.. I tried risers, then went back to stock.. sold the risers.. Congrats dude! :rolleyes:
Steve

Congrats on the bike. I am getting bar risers as well. I just sent my seat off this week so no riding the FJR for a while. I wish I had not had a problem in Cordel today and could have tested the 14. What did you not like about it? I am waiting on the cruise control issue to resolve itself. Give me a call tomorrow PM or come by DHS after lunch if you can and let me see the beast.

So...you're not one to think things through...or you're an impulse buyer. :p

Just kidd'n...it took me just about 2 years to buy mine after I discovered the FJR and started coveting it.

I was on this board about a year before I bought.

Congrats...keep the wallet handy...and ENJOY!!!

Steve

Congrats on the bike. I am getting bar risers as well. I just sent my seat off this week so no riding the FJR for a while. I wish I had not had a problem in Cordel today and could have tested the 14. What did you not like about it? I am waiting on the cruise control issue to resolve itself. Give me a call tomorrow PM or come by DHS after lunch if you can and let me see the beast.
I'll let you know as soon as I pick it up. As for the test ride of the C14..........the way I understand it, the tire sensors will start to display after the C14 is up to 15 or 20 mph but the rear never did register on my test ride so for me that is problem number 2 on a brand new machine. Also the smoothness of the ride or lack there of just did not impress me. I have heard stories about how the C14 engine is so smooth and the transmission shifts slicker than anything.......wrong not on that bike. And the windshield is worthless for me, down was way too much air and up was less air but very turbulent. It's side wind handling was strange to me, the side winds didn't affect the bike too much other than it was trying to peal me off of the bike, I have never felt anything like that before. I just didn't get that "oh man this is a great ride" feeling from the C14.

Congrats on the new toy. As a recent recipient of an 08 Raven, I know you will enjoy it. many things "fixed" on the 08... not to mention how freaking sexy it looks! :yahoo:

Congrats, on the bike. We'll have to meet up in Meers for a Meers Burger this spring. If you are ever up this way let me know.

Glenn

Congrats, on the bike. We'll have to meet up in Meers for a Meers Burger this spring. If you are ever up this way let me know.
Glenn
Glenn, I would love to go for a Meers Burger sometime. Went out this afternoon for a 100 miles, I really need a throttle lock or cruise .... something.

I waited 5... but this is about you!

Congrats and welcome to the "club". I have not regretted buying this bike for the last 1.5 months and 2600 miles. (yeah thats right 2600 miles in 7 weeks). :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I waited 5... but this is about you!
Congrats and welcome to the "club". I have not regretted buying this bike for the last 1.5 months and 2600 miles. (yeah thats right 2600 miles in 7 weeks). :yahoo:

Steve, great day for a ride! Good looking bike, but you know the dark red ones are faster!