Thanks to everyone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDD

Reaction score
I have been lurking around this fourm for 4 months trying to decide between a new RT, FJR, or ST.

Combined with test rides of all three bikes and the info I gained at this site I bought a new FJR.

Thanks for the info. What a great site!

Last edited by a moderator:
:clapping: Welcome! Enjoy your new status as a member of the FJR collective. :yahoo:

Resistance was futile, you have been successfully assimilated.

Now the fun begins as you terrorize your credit card in order to buy more "farkles"!

What a shame you live in such a terrible riding environment......no turns, lousy scenery, etc., etc. :unsure:

:clapping: Welcome! Enjoy your new status as a member of the FJR collective. :yahoo: Resistance was futile, you have been successfully assimilated.

Now the fun begins as you terrorize your credit card in order to buy more "farkles"!

What a shame you live in such a terrible riding environment......no turns, lousy scenery, etc., etc. :unsure:

It does not take long to run up that card buying helmet, jacket, gloves and boots.

The scenery is pretty good up north. Idaho City 40 miles away, has a lot of trees, curves. They had 6 ft of snow this year. Another very pretty place to ride is Cascade & MCall, ID about 60miles away. They had close to 12 ft of snow this year. A lot of curvey roads tress with a large lake. Quite a few elk, and deer to see.

Congrats on the new bike and on living in a great part of the country. It might not snow much in North Texas but we have to travel 250 miles just to get to a small mountain. :(

Double yup! Great bike - great forum!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

FJR Forum has been invaluable for me over the past few months on what kind of farkles and how to farkle the feejer. Of course there are warnings about becoming a "farkling obsessive". Good gawd don't underestimate the warning. :dribble:

Congratulations and enjoy!!!!!!! :D

Hey LDD. Congrats on the new bike.

You are right around the corner from me. I lived on the west side of Meridian for a year, but hated the traffic (mostly due to construction) I had to deal with to get to work so moved in to Boise.

Did you get your FJR at SnakeRiver? If so, some of the droolings on your bike were probably from me. Honestly couldn't help myself...

Ride safe and maybe I will see you on the road sometime.

:clapping: Welcome! Enjoy your new status as a member of the FJR collective. :yahoo: Resistance was futile, you have been successfully assimilated.

Big DITTO :clapping:

The scenery is pretty good up north. Idaho City 40 miles away, has a lot of trees, curves. They had 6 ft of snow this year. Another very pretty place to ride is Cascade & MCall, ID about 60miles away. They had close to 12 ft of snow this year. A lot of curvey roads tress with a large lake. Quite a few elk, and deer to see.
WFO-3 was held in Moscow. We stayed the night in Boise and rode up, then rode around CoeurD'Alene Lake. Last year, on our way to WFO-6 in Park City, UT we stayed in Caldwell and rode through the Sawtooth. Some of us went down through Ketchum and saw Craters Nat'l Monument while some of the group took 26 (?) across to 93 South and we all met at Blackfoot for the night before heading to Yellowstone on Hwy 20.

I rode back from Utah and went back through the Sawtooth with FJRay on our way to his place in La Pine, OR. As I said, you have some really lovely roads and scenery there. Someday I'd like to visit again and ride Hwy 12 from Lewiston to Missoula. That's supposed to be a really lovely trip.

Hey LDD. Congrats on the new bike. You are right around the corner from me. I lived on the west side of Meridian for a year, but hated the traffic (mostly due to construction) I had to deal with to get to work so moved in to Boise.

Did you get your FJR at SnakeRiver? If so, some of the droolings on your bike were probably from me. Honestly couldn't help myself...

Ride safe and maybe I will see you on the road sometime.
Ya I bought it from Cory at Snake River Yami. I work at the State and 15th Express Care in the Rite Aid, come by and visit some time. Their are other bike riders working there also.

I live in Montana but ride in Idaho often. Definitely do ride U.S. 12 from Orofino to Lolo, but it is best done now before summer traffic. And definitely do P1 from Orofino to Kendrick, then Kendrick to St. Maries through Harvard - White Pines Scenic Byway. Then from St. Maries along the east shore of Couer d 'Alene Lake, then up along the Couer d 'Alene River (have breakfast at the Snake Pit) and over Thompson Pass to Thompson Falls. These are 9-pluses on the 0-10 scale. Kooskia to Grangeville is another favorite, or ride up to Elk City - about 50 miles of great road, but it turns to gravel at Elk City, so just turn around and ride it back out. Another great one: from St. Maries up along the St. Joe River - superb, pretty technical, iffy pavement toward the top, but almost no traffic - though do watch for log trucks. At the top, you cross the the Idaho/Montana line and it's about 14 miles of very good gravel to St. Regis, MT and I-90.

Enjoy, be safe.

LDD,

Welcome to the board. The FJR is a phenominal sport tourer! I hope you get a chance to log on many miles and many smiles!

WW