That'll Buff Right Out.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? Road rage or a driver caught in a bad situation and panics because of traffic and just throws it into reverse? Either way- it isnt good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell no it wasn't good. And as bad as it was the first time, the guy came back and did it again. And again. And again. And . . .

(or was it a she?)
rolleyes.gif

Watch the riders clutch hand, looks like he stalled it and then laid it down to get out of the way. Odd that the bike did not lurch forward when he dumped the clutch.

It looks like the driver overshot the stop line, possibly as the light turned, and backed up to clear the intersection. Perhaps the driver did not see the motorcycle , did not know how to back up straight, and did not know when to stop backing. In other words, an extremely bad driver. The only thing I can think of is that it might have been a learning driver.

I can't explain why the motorcyclist didn't get out of the way. He seemed to see the car backing towards him in time to move. Maybe he felt it was too late and would be safer to just get off the machine.

I can't explain why the motorcyclist didn't get out of the way. He seemed to see the car backing towards him in time to move. Maybe he felt it was too late and would be safer to just get off the machine.
Ya, we can Monday morning quarterback that one to death. I teach my students to stay in first gear and watch your 6 o-clock with an escape plan in mind but I may have been a little spellbound on this one. I would like to think I would have been able to save myself but you never know until its you.

Student Driver panicked at stop, backed up - with NO Freakin Brains....

Alberta Canada FWIW

It looks like the driver overshot the stop line, possibly as the light turned, and backed up to clear the intersection. Perhaps the driver did not see the motorcycle , did not know how to back up straight, and did not know when to stop backing. In other words, an extremely bad driver. The only thing I can think of is that it might have been a learning driver.
I think someone else mentioned it. I believe he stalled the bike...then jumped out of the way. I think the driver was just extremely incompetent. Out in the middle of the intersection, then doesn't clear it. Then panics with a poor backup job. Then runs over the bike. I wonder what that person's premiums will be after the INS CO sees this video. I would say license should be taken away...that person is just dangerous!

I'm glad the mcyist got out of the way in time...even if they did stall the bike.

Student Driver panicked at stop, backed up - with NO Freakin Brains....
Alberta Canada FWIW
Whew!!

For a moment there I thought it was my mother.
blinksmiley.gif
I also didn't get a call telling me there was something wrong with the car so I guess I can breathe easier.
smile.png

Yeah, let's raise all the speed limits, because THAT driver would make great decisions at 90+. She, I'm assuming she because that looks like a girl car, can't even back up 2 feet without panicking and almost killing someone. Thanks to people like her, my job security is firmly in place.

He was in neutral, his left hand was off the clutch in his lap or on the tank. No chance to escape. What a dumb driver. Could have stayed right where they were, turning cars were avoiding them just fine. Panic attack

He was in neutral, his left hand was off the clutch in his lap or on the tank. No chance to escape. What a dumb driver. Could have stayed right where they were, turning cars were avoiding them just fine. Panic attack