That'll Buff Right Out.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passenger shares some of the blame. I suspect he was not a qualified driver instructor, and likely told the learner to 'just back up'

The motorcyclist probably was too shocked to do any avoidance, and as noted it looks like the bike was in neutral.

Good that no one was injured

I don't think the rider noticed her backing until she was halfway to him. Jumping off was his best option. I'd like to see the video of the discussion after the driver exited the car.

Guess who will be showing this video in class tomorrow morning to his driver education students?? Yep, this guy. I will have to watch the video a few more times to see if the "Instructor" has a clue. It could easily been a parent. I did not see any markings indicating it was a Driver Education vehicle. The two at our school have a huge magnetic sign on top (like the pizza delivery guys), magnetic stickers on the sides that cover the doors, signs on the back and ones in the front that are "reversed" so you can read them in the mirrors. We are clearly noticed by other drivers. It has some negative effects as other kids in the high school that have already take behind the wheel usually point and laugh. Some dive out of the way as a joke if they are walking nearby.

My kids ask why do we have to have the sign on top. I tell them that is to warn everyone else that the car is not being operated by a drunk driver despite the actions that usually accompany drunk driving. I also have a brake pedal and I KNOW how to use it.

I just realized this is totally fake, a ruse I tell ya! It was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

A redbull truck is almost visible the entire clip. Redbull gives you wings, you know.

You can see the brake lights coming on way before the car even gets to the bike. So the brakes were applied but the vehicle still wasn't stopping. So the instructer my have been trying to stop the car but the engine and gas pedal were overriding the brakes is my guess.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ. People are freaking idiots. Why, after pausing when first hitting the bike did she continue to give it gas? MORON!!!!

Watch the riders clutch hand, looks like he stalled it and then laid it down to get out of the way. Odd that the bike did not lurch forward when he dumped the clutch.

It did lurch forward. A little. It's only a 250 or 300.

He was in neutral, his left hand was off the clutch in his lap or on the tank. No chance to escape. What a dumb driver. Could have stayed right where they were, turning cars were avoiding them just fine. Panic attack

He was in neutral, his left hand was off the clutch in his lap or on the tank. No chance to escape. What a dumb driver. Could have stayed right where they were, turning cars were avoiding them just fine. Panic attack

What are you watching? He clearly had the clutch pulled in and dumped it when it was time Eject!, Eject!, Eject!

And for all you Monday morning quarterbacks, I think the rider did the correct thing by abandoning the bike. Things happened very quickly and it could have been very difficult to ride the bike out of harms way.

And for all you Monday morning quarterbacks, I think the rider did the correct thing by abandoning the bike. Things happened very quickly and it could have been very difficult to ride the bike out of harms way.
This. Sure things could have worked out better but the primary mission of the rider walking away alive and uninjured was accomplished. So the bike was smashed...he's got it on video, won't be to hard to negotiate with the insurance company that way.

Where is 'Natural Selection' when you need it. This moron should have been expunged from the gene pool already.

Car passenger's hand gestures -- to me, anyway -- look like, "Holy shit! Brake pedal, not gas pedal!"

Since no one got hurt, it's actually really funny. Hope the biker bought an FJR with the insurance proceeds.
smile.png