The Alaska Slo-Mo Photo Tour.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw you and Don have crossed the border into AK. Hope you bring back some Salmon for me (I'm sure you'll have room after using up that 1/4 roll of Mtn. Money).

Still alive and back in civilization for the moment. Talk about culture shock! Rolled into Talkeetna following the 4th of July parade, oh the humanity. A Mother's Ale at Alaska Brewing Company while Don flys to Denali for a glacier walk.

The 873 folks that live in Talkeetna were probably happy to see ya. Civilization, maybe.
mda.gif

Just posted up some more photos on the SmugMug gallery after three good days camping. In Wasilla now for showers, laundry and a motel bed. Hatcher Pass is everything it is cracked up to be. The weather has been crazy good but the holiday weekend has everyone and their brother out camping in the woods. Getting ready to begin the coastal phase of the Slo-Mo tour. Seems like we have been out forever and we just hit the halfway mark!

Last edited by a moderator:
Way cool! Looks like you guys are having a blast! Can't wait for the RR to go with the pic's!

Go Brad go Brad go !

Alaska is now in your blood and within a week of being home .............you'll be trying to figure out when you're going back.
punk.gif

On the ferry now from Haines to Skagway pissing down rain so a good day to travel indoors for a short while.

Teasers; gravel, mud, mines, head-on with a truck and a worn out tire. No adventure is without adversity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in civilization and decent internet. Some problems with Don's bike set us back on travel distances but we made up the last few days. Will work on pics this evening after a meal and laundry.

A few more photos are up now. A few Honda problems, a great day around Hyder and now looking south to a huge forest fire.

Got home yesterday afternoon a day early. Working on gear cleanup, photos and ride report today. No souvenirs other than a sticker and pocket farkle. Good to be home snuggling with my sweetie.

Hopefully I'll have some good stuff going up later today. Most of those low res road photos will come down and the edited good ones will get put up.

Got home yesterday afternoon a day early. Working on gear cleanup, photos and ride report today. No souvenirs other than a sticker and pocket farkle. Good to be home snuggling with my sweetie. Hopefully I'll have some good stuff going up later today. Most of those low res road photos will come down and the edited good ones will get put up.
Dude.

Prioritize.

Snuggle later.

Feed OUR need now!

:D

(You'll be keeping that Yukon beard, right?)