The average age of FJR owners just went down a bit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CopB8

Reaction score
Very nice young guy (+-30'ish) just drove up from Austin and picked up my '04 Gen I. It's great to see someone younger appreciate it. It was hard to see it leave my garage after being there 9+ years. They new owner got himself an awesome bike.

I gave him the heads up on this forum, we'll see if he shows up.

It's going to take more than one to swing the average much...
tonguesmiley.gif

Sounds like he got a nice bike, any regrets with the upgrade?

--G

It's going to take more than one to swing the average much...
tonguesmiley.gif

Sounds like he got a nice bike, any regrets with the upgrade?

--G
No regrets at all. The '04 served me faithfully for 9 years and I loved it the entire time. If the '13 hadn't come out with all the improvements it has I'd have kept enjoying the Gen I another few years. All that said, I obviously like the '13 better. The dash, cruise, ABS, Traction Control, and styling are all great additions.

Plus, I just fell for the color combination.
smile.png

38, here. My only wisdom in life has been centered around understanding you can have form and function in a motorcycle (not to mention comfort).

Sport-touring bikes aren't just for geriatrics. 36 here. I was a mere 31 when I got my ST1300A.
I was a mere 20 yo when I got my XS Eleven. I toured on that sucker before the neenernet.
I'll never forget my first ride on an XS11. I hadn't been riding very long, maybe a year or two and still had my first bike, a Yamaha Maxim XJ650. I was back visiting an old high school friend in Wheaton who let me take his XS11 to Lake Geneva for the weekend. Wow! I was in love.

As for on topic: I was kind of a youngin at 38 years old when I bought my first FJR. But that was a LONG time ago.
sadsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 32 years old when I bought my first brand new motorcycle.

It was a 1978 BMW R-100RS. I do believe it was the fastest bagger at the time.

What a great motorcycle.

Doing all I can to make sure the average age does not decrease by looking foreward to number 78 in six weeks or so.

From a Honda Trail 90 to an FJR, what a ride.

PS: Also looking for another second bike for the short 1000 to 1500 miles trips to replace my Honda spirit.

Longrider

Hey, I'm just a young'n... haven't even celebrated the 3 anniversary of my 22nd birthday yet.
rolleyes.gif
Well I've seen the third anniversay of my 21st so as long as you are leading then I'm good. Just don't stop or it's gonna be ugly.