The average age of FJR owners just went down a bit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42 and will own my first FJR in days (if I grab a used one) or weeks (if I bite the bullet and get a '13)
smile.png

39 when I picked up my first FJR a week or so ago. I say my first because I see I long future for me and this bike. I think I know what my first "new" bike may be in a year or two ;)

Quote from above: "Dang, and I thought I was old...."

(reality check: you are...)

I would have gotten my FJR at a much YOUNGER age, but:

A. I had too many financial setbacks.

B. I couldn't reach the seat FROM the ground

C. I couldn't read the forms the officers wanted me to fill out

D. ??

kidslaw.jpg

Just sign right here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my 2013 FJR is a retirement gift for self. Sixty-six in June. What does that do for your averages?
smile.png
Welcome aboard, Old Guy! Sixty-five in October, doing what we can to keep the averages up where they belong!

madmike2, petey, Niehart and Papa Chuy motto: "Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill Any Day!"

Quote from above: "Dang, and I thought I was old...."

(reality check: you are...)

I would have gotten my FJR at a much YOUNGER age, but:

A. I had too many financial setbacks.

B. I couldn't reach the seat FROM the ground

C. I couldn't read the forms the officers wanted me to fill out

D. ??

[img=[URL="https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/christblsd/Fun/kidslaw.jpg%5D"]https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/christblsd/Fun/kidslaw.jpg][/URL]
D. My bride went along, sat on the rear seat of a Wingabago, and said "do me a favor - give me the car keys and I'll meet you at home." No complaints from me, but now, ten years later, there's a ten-year old FJR in the garage. Well worth waiting until I was 60.

42 and will own my first FJR in days (if I grab a used one) or weeks (if I bite the bullet and get a '13)
smile.png
I'm 2 years older than u so I'm wiser, that being said get the '13 and be done with it.

smile.png
I'm 2 years older than u so I'm wiser, that being said get the '13 and be done with it.
Just put down a deposit today on what should be the first '13 in Santa Barbara County. Will be mine when it shows up in a few weeks! I must say I was oddly tempted by the 2008 that showed up at the dealer within the last week - but alas it already has 50K on the clock. This will be my first NEW motorcycle. I am stoked.

smile.png
Just put down a deposit today on what should be the first '13 in Santa Barbara County. Will be mine when it shows up in a few weeks! I must say I was oddly tempted by the 2008 that showed up at the dealer within the last week - but alas it already has 50K on the clock. This will be my first NEW motorcycle. I am stoked.
Congrats!!!

Good choice, and an '08 w 50K miles... sometimes it's wise not to buy somebody else's problems.

Thought I was old when I bought my new '04 FJR in 9/03 but now I know I am old, since I was 75 when I bought my new '13 FJR on 1/31/13. Hey, & I'm still learning!

Later, Real old guy-De
smile.png

34 ( still 34 :D ) when I switched from the archaic Harley Davidson to the modern FJR. I enjoy riding too much to suffer on old machinery.