The best sport bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sammypetter

Hello,

My favorite is GXSR 1000. I miss my bike and I refuse to ride on the back. What is your favorite bike.

I really like this one.

kawi_girl2.jpg

Since I the FJR is an ST and you are asking about SB's, my favorite I have had was the Blackbird. It was comfortable enough to ride all day , most are agony IMO, to ride for any length of time. It handled well and good power for its time ( late 1990's) .

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bike of All Time

Britten-V1000-1995.jpg

One of my all-time favorites

1997_Yamaha_YZF750R.jpg

Another

888-sp5.jpg

And mebbe

122_0506_02s%202005_triumph_speed_triple%20front_side_view0.jpg

And who could forget Honda's first liter twin? (It's the best bike, because it's my bike!)

2001-Honda-VTR1000F-Firestorma.jpg

Honestly, I could do this all day. :)

The Bike of All Time
Britten-V1000-1995.jpg
YUP! And I got to hear it race at Daytona! Boy, nothing sounds like a Britten at full chat. It had a deep bass throaty roar that you could separate from all the other bikes literally half a mile away. I got to see the exact same bike at Art of the Motorcycle 20 years later. I still think the estate not letting replicas be made is the greatest injustice to John's memory.

But my true favorite bike is anything I'm riding at the moment, from my CB450SC to my FJR-1300. Except for my DL-650 V-Strom. That was a chunk o' shite. My Yamaha Vision was sort of an abortion too.

Regarding the Britten, get thee to the Barber museum and you can ogle one in person:

DSC_3536.jpg

DSC_3538.jpg

DSC_3539.jpg

Here's Motortoad with his toy, I think we were getting ready to go to Barber in fall 2007.

Stevebike2.jpg