The best sport bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best sport bike?

The 3rd best bike ever is the one you used to have but sold for way too little. What were you even thinking, you dope!! Doh!!

The 2nd best bike is the one you have in the garage right now. Damn that's a great ride... ;)

The very best bike?

...is the one you are picking up at the seller's tomorrow, and you can not sleep a wink all night because you can't stop thinking about it. :thumbsup:

Call me crazy...call me a traitor...call me a HD fan boy, but I really like the XB12R Buell. I rode one at work a few times and liked it so much that I bought it. It was crazy how awesomely it handled I could literally throw this thing into a sharp corner at 50-60 mph+ and it would stick and then beg for more. Erik Buell knows how to design a good handling bike.

My favorite - Suzuki GSXR750 - I jumped on this when first introduced and Suzuki rocked the sportbike world. They keep getting better and better. However, when not on the track - the FJR. (I used to race my GSXR against FJ1200's on the local NHRA track. I won more than lost, but he was more comfortable). A pic of my first GSXR - a 1986 model.

1986_GSX_R750.jpg

The best sport bike?

The 3rd best bike ever is the one you used to have but sold for way too little. What were you even thinking, you dope!! Doh!!

The 2nd best bike is the one you have in the garage right now. Damn that's a great ride... ;)

The very best bike?

...is the one you are picking up at the seller's tomorrow, and you can not sleep a wink all night because you can't stop thinking about it. :thumbsup:
:yahoo: :clapping: [SIZE=14pt]Classic!!!!![/SIZE] :clapping: :yahoo:

My best answer: None for me. I'm too tall, too fat, too old and fragile. In my mind, I could....then I would....knowing that I should not. :eek:

of my own bikes it would have to be my 1969 "thompson suzuki T20?

of all time, as a kiwi i would have to say the Kiwi designed and built BRITTEN

I guess it depends what you want it for..... track vs. street.... overall, the Blackbird was one of the best all-rounders.... Gixxers have won many races.... gee, I don't know!! But, I'd want a litre version, the 600's are just to small for me.

This is not one of "The Best Sportbike" entries, but as I was re-visiting this post, this came to mind - a 1978 Honda CBX...

cbx.jpg

I'm biased but I really love my GSXR750

PICT04031.jpg

I test rode a Ducati 848 earlier this year. That is a purpose built race bike, no doubt about it.

Just wayyy too expensive.

Ducati_848_CG_1_01.jpg

Really great 1st, 2nd and 3rd rating system. But I only have two. 2nd best sportbike 1985 Kawasaki... GPz... 750... TURBO!!!

and the best is my 2003 FJR1300 a little faster and better handling. Of course, there is the 20 year technology gap.

The ZX14 is the best sport bike of all time. If you ever ride one you will agree. I miss my baby. :-(
Agreed, I miss mine too :( Though I'm thinking of a SV1000 as my next sportbike, I've always loved the sound they make :dribble: