The BOX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
When I did my first long trip last year, I really hated that I had so many tools taking up space in my side bags. I remembed that somebody had made use of the space under the seat. So I looked to see what was there. Then I talked to the local machinest to see if he could build me a box. He could and did. The box is approximately 4" wide x 5" long and 4.5" high. It even came with a lid.

So out come the dremmel. I took out the tray, removed the bikes brain from under the tray and cut out the material that was going to be in the way.

65467283-M.jpg

This is the box. It is made out of Aluminum and then I sprayed it with bed liner.

65467301-M.jpg

Here is the area were the BOX will go. You can see the brain at the bottom. When the BOX is in place it holds the brain in place.

65471528-M.jpg

Here is a side view from the air intake side. You can see the brain at the bottom.

65467286-M.jpg

Here is the box in place. The lid will not open all the way vertical, but almost. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the BOX and through some of the plastic that is under it. I put a bolt through to keep the box from sliding around.

65471519-M.jpg

The final image is of everything back in place. The red arrows point to the rest of the tools. The black bag is the orginal tool kit. The other is a small socket set that fits under the passenger seat.

The BOX holds all the other tools and tire plug kit.

If anybody is interested, the gentelman that made this box is willing to make a few more.

I recall seeing an alternative solution on EZBored, I think. Someone mounted a Pelican lockable plastic storage case in the license plate area. I can't find the original thread now but if someone knows about this, it was a pretty cool solution to storing a small amt of tools and ABS did not matter.

Anyone?

Good thing that Yamaha didn't put anything else in all that underseat room. You know, like the battery and fuse block! <sigh>

Yes the install was pretty easy. The worst part was cleaning up all the ground plastic. Where the brain conector is, I had to cut out the plastic there also, I cut it tight to help hold the brain in place.

As for the BOX, It is all aluminum and has a hinge. I paid $80 for the box. He is willing to sell them for the same price. They will not be painted or finished. Just bare aluminum. If you would like one, just PM me and I will get intouch with you.

Neal