The Colors down here are different and so are the bikes...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crank_bear

Reaction score
So you work...and you get to a point where you'd rather not be working...so you jump on the bike a few times a year...and take some pics...

Thought you might like these...the lighting's way different "down under" in the good months...and I've learned that you don't get these bikes in the US...so here's pics from a trip done last year....

Wake up and smell the...

IMG_0090.jpg

And ride for a while before you stop to take a pic...(honestly, there's still a pang...and maybe even a tang...)

IMG_0093.jpg

I look deep into your bug encrusted eye...

IMG_0106.jpg

Through a bug splatterd visor...

IMG_0105.jpg

At this...

IMG_0120.jpg

And this...

Picture237.jpg

To thinks: "I must get me self a yama with a fairing..."

So I did...

Dudes

Welcome to my backyard!

The first shot is at Cann River about 1 and a half hours east of my joint.

The twisty roads are of Mt Hotham (one of our snow fields) to the top it is 1 and half hours from my joint...good work Crank I bet you have fun going down the other side of Hotham?

Dudes
Welcome to my backyard!

The first shot is at Cann River about 1 and a half hours east of my joint.

The twisty roads are of Mt Hotham (one of our snow fields) to the top it is 1 and half hours from my joint...good work Crank I bet you have fun going down the other side of Hotham?
Hey Thug -

By the sound of it, your backyard's the gateway to thousands of k's of the best roads in Aus...

The 'other side' of Hotham is one of my favourites - a side I've mainly done up and over from Harrietville...before a stop at the Brown Cow in Omeo for a coffee and toastie...

I've only had the FJR for two weeks and I'm real keen to get it back to NE Vic for a few days of proper riding...which will sort me and it right out...

I'll keep ya posted...

That XJR is bumblebee colors is really cool, that road looks like tremendous fun and, THANKS for sharing!
Thanks Orange - It was a cool looking bike, but the FJR changed my mind about what a great bike is.

Anyway I'm about to get to know about that a whole lot better. Four more days and I have a month off. It's summer, it's hot and dry...so we'll mix up coast and mountain country.

...and tourists, in 4 cyl cars, pulling caravans up mountains....

But it's all good.