The FJR1300 on TWO WHEEL TUESDAY !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Thanks for letting us know. Wife was watching HGTV, stole the remote.

Let me see if I can sum this up...

Yamaha invented a new class of bike, the Super sport touring market.

Yamaha single handedly brought the sport touring market to the US.

The FJR1300 is a commuter bike.

The FJR1300AE is a good in traffic bike.

Overall this seemed like a pretty weak sales pitch to me. It was basically two Yamaha reps that just didn’t impress me. They talked down the FJR as a commuter bike that you can do a track day on.

So they left out the part about how far you can commute, huh? I know I'm not alone here, but I rode 200 miles round trip just for lunch Saturday and Sunday last weekend. Does that make me a commuter?

YOU BET! :D

TWT is on again Wednesday morning on Speed. 1:00 am EST and 8 am EST.

Sad thing is we're losing Two Wheel Tuesday. This was the last show according to Greg White.

Doesn't make sense. It was a great show that showed motorcycling outside of the V-Twin realm.

It was basically two Yamaha reps that just didn’t impress me. They talked down the FJR as a commuter bike that you can do a track day on.
They shoulda used Warchild and TWN instead of some silly Yammy reps... I mean get some emotion in there!

Whimpy FJR report, not even one wheele or smokey burnout. Commuter bike? Perhaps, Iron Butt style!

Too bad they are giving the show the axe, more time for smashcar? The new DVD looks real good, I was at Laguna Seca last year, those Moto GP bikes are too cool.

Not a bad piece on the FJR but the shock to me is this being the last Two Wheel Tuesday show! :angry: This was my favorite show on TV and will be missed much. I just hope the Super Bike show which replaces it does our sport some justice.

Not a bad piece on the FJR but the shock to me is this being the last Two Wheel Tuesday show! :angry: This was my favorite show on TV and will be missed much. I just hope the Super Bike show which replaces it does our sport some justice.
1) Tonight's show seemed like a Yamaha promo soundbite. The FJR a commuter? Pah-leeze!

2) Shame a show like this gets canceled, but maybe because it has too many promotional soundbite features?

3) Why does a show like Orange County Clowns keep running and Moto-GP, Two Wheel Tuesday, or other types of non-V-Twin shows get shuttled aside or canceled?

Probably money, as usual.

1) Tonight's show seemed like a Yamaha promo soundbite. The FJR a commuter? Pah-leeze!

2) Shame a show like this gets canceled, but maybe because it has too many promotional soundbite features?

3) Why does a show like Orange County Clowns keep running and Moto-GP, Two Wheel Tuesday, or other types of non-V-Twin shows get shuttled aside or canceled?

Probably money, as usual.

Simple. Only motorcyclist are going to watch a show like Two Wheel Tuesday while the masses will see a show like OCC.

Pretty lame piece on the FJR, with the lame impressions of (I think) a couple of lame magazine reviewers, although we're probably biased and expect a lot better because we know better.

But the last TWT show!?!? :cryingsmiley: Say it ain't so!!! :angry01: So what's left? Dave Hatch with Motorcycle Experience and Michele Smith with American Thunder? (OK, her show's focus is on cruisers but there are some worthwhile features to justify watching :whistle: )

+1

I saw the replay.

A commuter bike! are they reducing the FJR to a VESPA!!! :blink:

THATS a commuter bike.

I THOUGHT the FJR was THE bike that defined SUPER SPORT TOURING! :)

Not much of a sales pitch if you as me.

Ummmm, I commute on my FJR - everyday, thank you. And it is a damned fine commuter bike. 45 mpg. wind protection and fun to ride - what more could you ask of a commuter?

They liked it because of the hard bags to carry your stuff, which I do.

Commute on a Vespa? Puh-leeeeze.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure learned a lot about Bean're and his top hat and his times with Indian Larry though..........

Pathetic review by both yamaha reps and two wheel tuesday editorial calling the FJR a commuter, maybe we should make our own video at the WFO and call it crazy on 2 wheels? Anybody want to volunteer stunts and burn outs?