The Motorcycle Industry is Dying - Bloomberg

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its really interesting regarding the piece on Fox News and Honda CB's from the 70's being the number 1 interest for milennials. One of my wife's cousins is about 30, and he talked to me on the 4th of July about getting a bike. Not anything new mind you, but a retro, probably a CB350! I didn't really give it much thought but now it seems like that is the "norm".

Wonder if anyone I know has a junkyard full of CB parts that doesn't know that they're gonna be worth some $$?

Last edited by a moderator:
24 year olds (they often take 6+ years to earn a bachelors degree) may be prepared for a career with a $30k starting salary and be saddled with $100k in unbanktuptable debt. Death is the only escape.
Yikes! That's a pretty pessimistic turn of discussion on this thread about the motorcycle industry.....

But I suppose the last sentence is true for all of us :(

Those old 150 - 350 cc Honda twins were wonderful bikes on which to learn to ride ... or to wrench. They were reliable, and fun to ride. Easy to flat foot. But not well suited to our modern traffic in my opinion.

I've still got all the special tools. Maybe those will get valuable too. I even remember what they did. 🤔