The Norton Project

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler ~

Thanks for sharing this... what a wonderful story of love, devotion to old dad, and most importantly, subterfuge and deceit to make it all come together!

I held my breath as the one son rode the bike through that crappy snow to dad's house. I could just see all that work lying alongside the road, rubber side up!

Dad's response was classic! ;)

Don

Fantastic, Tyler; Thanks! The sound of the Norton during the last minute while the credits rolled was incredible, brought back fond memories of my 1964 Norton Atlas 750, with the Combat HP Engine. Made me almost forgot the agony of Lucas Electrics and Amal Carburetors! Rule Britannia! What a wonderful gift those two devoted Sons gave to their Father. Priceless look on his face!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if I can only get my kids to put my 1965 mustang convertable back together. :eek:hwell: I have dragged everywhere I have been. Bought it when I was 17. Like the man said. I don't think I will live long enough!

Dave

Way Cool!!!! The looks on the Dad's face said it all, ...especially the teary eyes and the post ride grin!!! Memories for me too, my first restoration was a '73 850 roadster.

Oh God what a wonderful, wonderful story. The love for family, Dad, and bikes!! Brought a tear to my eye!!

I saw this when it was originally posted but didn't have or take the time to watch it. Blue Streak posted and it caught my eye so I watched it this morning.

Wow, what a family love story. Thanks for posting it, Ty.