The Perfect GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW....all i really expected anyone to say was "cool"
[SIZE=36pt] Cool! There, feel better?[/SIZE]

Like every other farkle you do to YOUR bike, all that really matters is that you like it. There are probably 50 people who read this and thought, "That'd work for me, its just what I was looking for."

Unfortunately, you ran into the rest of us "out-of-work/semi-comedic forum rats".

Gas StationsGas prices!!!
Usually, I am happy with the location. Prices aren't going to be more than a few cents a gallon (Didn't SkooterG say that?). I used to chuckle at my friend who would drive 15 miles (1/2 gallon of gas @ $2.50 per gallon= $1.25) out of the way to save 2 cents a gallon....that'd be 10 cents per FJR tankful. And I wouldn't BUY gas at some of the places he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW....all i really expected anyone to say was "cool"
You'd rather have a $1000 piece of soggy toast because we blew sunshine up your butt?

Sarcasm aside, seriously look to see if the unit is IPX7 rated. That's submerged in water 3 feet for 30 minutes. Many of the Garmin line are IPX7 rated. I can't find anything that says this one is or isn't....which is not encouraging IMO.

Or, if it doesn't rain wherever you ride in Texas, feel free to ignore this as N/A.
Per Garmin technician, even those that are rated to the IPX7 standard won't be really water-resistant unless they are the 'marine' units. Case in point -- My 2730 is IPX7 rated, and i'm on the third one (due to moisture leaking/fogging) and it's never been in any serious rain, just mist, fog, and sprinkles. The 376, 378, 476 series were recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, almost a grand for a GPS. I will stick with my trusty Garmin V for now.