The Real Pines to Palms Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't make it.I was up late last night and early this morning, but I ran out of time.

I called Angle Outpost and left a message for Kerry.

...not very happy right now.
Don't feel too bad Joe so far this hasn't been a fun ride for most. From opt8low: Don't feel bad for not going guys. You only missed snow from Baudette to Eau Clarie. Had half-dollar size snowflakes in Grand Rapids.

Driving rain until I stopped in the Dells for a dry out and warm up and then on the road early in the morning. My not make in 50 but will be in Key West in 75 hours.

On the road to hell, only cold.......

Another rider had his Ulysses through a drive belt, he's in a bar in New Richmond WI drowning his sorrows with $2 taps.

Another has just pulled the pin because of leaky gear and cold, he made that decision in Duluth.

This just in Kerry is out too after traffic backed up 14 miles for a bad accident near Tohma. Cold, wet and not too far from home he bailed.

They're dropping like flies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't make it.I was up late last night and early this morning, but I ran out of time.

I called Angle Outpost and left a message for Kerry.

...not very happy right now.
Don't feel too bad Joe so far this hasn't been a fun ride for most. From opt8low: Don't feel bad for not going guys. You only missed snow from Baudette to Eau Clarie. Had half-dollar size snowflakes in Grand Rapids.

Driving rain until I stopped in the Dells for a dry out and warm up and then on the road early in the morning. My not make in 50 but will be in Key West in 75 hours.

On the road to hell, only cold.......

Another rider had his Ulysses through a drive belt, he's in a bar in New Richmond WI drowning his sorrows with $2 taps.

Another has just pulled the pin because of leaky gear and cold, he made that decision in Duluth.

This just in Kerry is out too after traffic backed up 14 miles for a bad accident near Tohma. Cold, wet and not too far from home he bailed.

They're dropping like flies.
So now maybe July is sounding a little better?..............

It sounds like those that got out early were a little ahead of the worst weather and if they kept at it are now clear of the bad stuff soon to be warm. The two that bailed when their gear leaked have both done this ride before. It's hard to persevere climbing a mountain you've already climbed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of P2P2 reports from MNLDR;

Just got off the phone with Nels. He arrived at the Chevron at 8:42 eastern time this evening. As he came into KW, he was racing the sun to get a picture of his bike with the southernmost marker while it was still light out. So he postponed his finish receipt, hunted down the marker and got his picture, then went to the Chevron to get his receipt to stop the clock. He covered 2333.5 miles in 37:32, including about 25 minutes of photo-op. Awesome!

... and from opt8low who did get caught in the I-90/94 traffic jam;

I hit the traffic jam at 90/94. That is what finally killed my day. Sitting there getting even more wet. I was so cold and wet after that. Like putting a knife in my back.

Oh well, will make it to Key West but not in 50 hours......

At least some of us have made it and will make it. I am in a hotel just north of Macon, GA. Going to get some sleep as I won't make in 50 hours anyway, might as well sleep.

Just got text from Rich and Jeff they are taking a nap in Port St. Lucie and should be in Key West before the 50 hours are up.

I should hopefully roll in about 5PM local time tomorrow Key West time. Just in time to have a drink with everyone after they have had some sleep.

FYI the 50 hour window will close about 0700 EDT Sunday.

Latest posts