The Ultimate Farkle!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally cool!

My wife gets me some real cool gifts too, like socks.

Man, nothing like 3 pairs of brown dress socks.

Or better yet, a ugly fucking sweater, and you think a bitching motorcycle stand is the way to go?

Anyway, does anybody have a link to that stand, I'll get it on my own?

Reading the specs it says the shipping weight is 600lbs and the bench is 500 lbs! It looks heavy duty, but that is heavy duty! Oh, I see where all of the weight comes from the - quote from the specs: "Powder Coated HD Orange Paint". Yeah, that HD orange has got to account for about 450 lbs.

That is real cool and reasonably priced.

I might be mistaken (I often am according to the wife and all my friends), but the lift looks exactly like the Handy lift. It also appears you can use the Handy side extensions as they mount with using round steel tubes going through the big holes on the side. I have a Handy lift and have nothing but praise for it. I did buy the side extensions and have used them once in 4 years. If you often work on ATV's or lawn tractors, you need the side extensions, but I have found that I NEVER use them for bikes. I push bikes up on the lift and then balance them with one hand while tightening the front wheel clamps. Seems dangerous, but I have never had a close call in the 8 years I have had the lift. Things are even easier if the bike has a center stand; just put it up on the center stand on the lift for almost all work. I bought a scissors jack in a junk yard for $5 and use it to jack up the front wheel if I need to do maintenance on the front of the bike. I usually only use the tire clamp if the bike does not have a center stand.

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you.

I think a bike lift is the BEST device you can have in your garage. I will save your back and body eliminating crawling around on the floor and then having to work there.

Your wife is a keeper. I know, mine is too. She also encouraged me to buy my lift and it was worth every penny. They are not cheap, but darn well worth it!

Sredder

Sanford, NC