The Who ROCKED halftime

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
I was concerned. Pete and Roger ARE getting old. Can't hit those high notes like they used to.

But I was SO pleased by their performance. And MY wasn't the crowd into it! Hearing 80+ thousand singing along.

Goosebump time.

Thank you, Messrs. Townshend and Daltry. You did MY generation proud!

Baby Ringo did a damn fine job, too. :D

That was pretty cool to watch those old men (Pete and Roger) crank out some excellent old tunes. They still got it. ;)
Dang...I was doing chores in the garage and kitchen. I forgot....Doh!
She-it Mike, ain't just gettin' up off the couch a chore for someone yer age???? :finger:

I guess the NFL isn't looking to pull in any young folks- come on- first they dug up the Stones and now the Who- I betcha half the players don't even know who the Who are!

Time for the NFL to find some more contemporary artists- like someone who has had a hit within the last 10 years- not 30 years ago!

I guess the NFL isn't looking to pull in any young folks- come on- first they dug up the Stones and now the Who- I betcha half the players don't even know who the Who are!
Time for the NFL to find some more contemporary artists- like someone who has had a hit within the last 10 years- not 30 years ago!
Maybe the NFL isn't looking for another "wardrobe malfunction'?

And come on, it's not like they commissioned The Strawberry Alarm Clock for chrissake! The two groups you "dug up" are certifiable legends who STILL fill up stadiums when they polish up their walkers. :p

Shit man my kids loved them. Got to learn it isn't just the theme for CSI

Honey, they aren't "old"... they are fricking classic legends! B)

Oh, God!!! Here comes Mike! Gonna Who Dat every thread on the board, isn't he???! :lol:

As for the halftime show, I could wish the CBS sound guys had done a little better job with it. The pregame team intros had music and sound effects but no player voices (li-reading required,) and The Who started out with VOCALS, and a bit of drums, almost no music. They fixed it by the second number, but geez, did they not have a rehearsal or run-through? a sound check?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you. Way too far outside my circle of interest to care. Figured it would play well here though. My fave was Prince and then Aerosmith, Britney and NSYNC way back in the day.

Not excellent but it would have needed to be 20 years ago to be that. It was very good. Given the limitations of time for the rigging, it was an exceptional show. It looked like Pete was -> <- this close to bashing his guitar when he turned around at the end.

I miss Keith and John though.

The music was good, maybe great. The vocals were hurtin'. Rodger should have known he can't wail out an effective scream anymore. When he actually sang it was OK, but every time he tried to get loud I was embarrassed for him.

Still beats the crap out of Prince Britney NSYNC. :blink: Sorry fjrchik, but when those acts come on I'm switching the channel...

I have to disagree I was VERY embarrassed for them! It is classic music that I like but WOW have some dignity.

The music was good, maybe great. The vocals were hurtin'. Rodger should have known he can't wail out an effective scream anymore. When he actually sang it was OK, but every time he tried to get loud I was embarrassed for him.
Still beats the crap out of Prince Britney NSYNC. :blink: Sorry fjrchik, but when those acts come on I'm switching the channel...
No apologies, there's only like a huge generation gap between us! It's all good dude.