The Who ROCKED halftime

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one show where I'm sure there was no lip sync. They played a song for my generation and perhaps the theme song for the Alzheimer's Research agency -- Who Are You ;)

The music was good, maybe great. The vocals were hurtin'. Rodger should have known he can't wail out an effective scream anymore. When he actually sang it was OK, but every time he tried to get loud I was embarrassed for him.
Still beats the crap out of Prince Britney NSYNC. :blink: Sorry fjrchik, but when those acts come on I'm switching the channel...
No apologies, there's only like a huge generation gap between us! It's all good dude.

No, no dear. It's not the huge generational gap. It's the music appreciation gap.

See, my big problem is I like music. ;)

Yeah...they rocked...for a superbowl halftime show..visual effects were good and added interest. My wifey liked it...and she didn't know who they were...even when I told her. :) Who. Who? Who.

I'd say, if I can sound that good 40 years past my prime, I'm doin' pretty good.

I liked it but I did miss not seeing John Entwistle and Keith Moon they added a lot. Moon looked like a madman , and Entwistle was a fantastic bass player,may they RIP. Next year maybe Ozzy if he can find the location :dribble: ! I like some of the newer bands as well , I love music if it good I listen to it.

I guess the NFL isn't looking to pull in any young folks- come on- first they dug up the Stones and now the Who- I betcha half the players don't even know who the Who are!
Time for the NFL to find some more contemporary artists- like someone who has had a hit within the last 10 years- not 30 years ago!
I'm with you. Way too far outside my circle of interest to care. Figured it would play well here though. My fave was Prince and then Aerosmith, Britney and NSYNC way back in the day.
:puke:

This was one of the best shows, If not THE best.

The crappy new hip hop/pop would kill the halftime show... Their stage presence LIVE SUCK! They need to stay in the studio and synthesize the shit out of their non talented singing voices into something tolerable. :glare: :lol:

Besides, The Who are friggin Rock GODS. Everyone should love them! :punk:

Loved the game and LOVED the WHO! What a great 3 hours!

Saints RULE!

The WHO RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw them live a couple of years ago with my son, who was 23 then and he loved the show and he knows their music very well since he is a student and lover of good rock music.

I'm so done with the super bowl getting acts from 30-40 years ago. I like The Who, but not enough to watch it during halftime. Like always, halftime is a huge letdown. Why they don't choose someone who is current and hot and popular beats me.

"Hope I die before I get old" <-- Man, I'm glad that didn't happen (except for Keith and John)....................."The Who", that's who...................terrific. JMHO

Along these same lines...

Did anyone else think the SB ads were the ABSOLUTE WORST ever?

I can't remember a single memorable ad. For what they pay for one of those spots this year you'd think they would have had the best, catchiest commercials ever broadcast. And what was with the back to back spots with (fat) men in tighty whities? :blink: The eTrade kid they are using now is not nearly as good as the old kid, besides... it's been done before. Even the GoDaddy ads were lamed down, apparently trying to tease you to go to their web site to see the hotties strip down this year.

Some say that imagination is a product of the past, ...of a bygone era. I think they may be right.

Along these same lines...
Did anyone else think the SB ads were the ABSOLUTE WORST ever?

I can't remember a single memorable ad. For what they pay for one of those spots this year you'd think they would have had the best, catchiest commercials ever broadcast. And what was with the back to back spots with (fat) men in tighty whities? :blink: The eTrade kid they are using now is not nearly as good as the old kid, besides... it's been done before. Even the GoDaddy ads were lamed down, apparently trying to tease you to go to their web site to see the hotties strip down this year.

Some say that imagination is a product of the past, ...of a bygone era. I think they may be right.
They were weak... But i laughed my ass off at the Dorito's Slap and Doritos Dog

The Bridgestone Tire commercial where they are driving into a road block, And they say "Give me your tires, Or your life... I said LIFE not WIFE!" was great also, But can't find it on the NFL site

https://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl-c...aign=nfl_fb#all

I was concerned. Pete and Roger ARE getting old. Can't hit those high notes like they used to.
But I was SO pleased by their performance. And MY wasn't the crowd into it! Hearing 80+ thousand singing along.

Goosebump time.

Thank you, Messrs. Townshend and Daltry. You did MY generation proud!
+1, Gunny; RadioHowie! Just one thing though RH, why do Pete and Roger look so old, when you and I are still so young and virile looking? Hard to figure that out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Saints brought in a new team after that first quarter, just like watching Peyton Manning's face change as the game went on. At least this SB wasn't the usual blow-out.

While I grew up with the Who and did sing along, my daughter was asking who the old guys were who were trying to sing the NCIS theme music and sounded winded. OUCH! We talked about groups that might bridge my generation who bought the SuperBowl tickets and her generation of up & coming. Maybe somebody like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Not many good ads. Our vote was also for the Doritos Dog and maybe one of the ETrade baby ones.

I was concerned. Pete and Roger ARE getting old. Can't hit those high notes like they used to.
But I was SO pleased by their performance. And MY wasn't the crowd into it! Hearing 80+ thousand singing along.

Goosebump time.

+1, Gunny; RadioHowie! Just one thing though RH, why do Pete and Roger look so old, when you and I are still so young and virile looking? Hard to figure that out!!!

Don, try looking in the mirror before you drink. :rolleyes:

Goosebump time.

Brother Ray, RadioHowie and I removed all mirrors from our homes about 15 years ago. Actually, I lied: It was over 20 years ago! This Getting Old Is Not For Sissies!

Goosebump time.

Brother Ray, RadioHowie and I removed all mirrors from our homes about 15 years ago. Actually, I lied: It was over 20 years ago! This Getting Old Is Not For Sissies!
EDIT: I lied twice, my mirror actually broke on me when I looked into it; it couldn't stand the sight. RH's mirror looked a circus fun house mirror, so Steve broke his!!!

Last edited by a moderator: