The Who ROCKED halftime

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and me Don....we are definitely gonna get fallin' down drunk together one of these days. I promise.

I asked MissusHowie what she thought about me disappearing for a week and riding out your way to visit the SW and Kali Crews.

She said "Fine.....just make sure YOU make the arrangements on how to ship a body." She was serious. Doesn't think I can do a 6,000 mile ride.

No way I could take such a trip without going all the way to Kali.....gotta drink some of DCarver's booze before I die.....and come back home via Owosso, Michigan.

Keeping back to the topic, my favorite spot was actually a network promo.

Letterman, Oprah and Leno. I laughed my ass off. Best 30 seconds of the night. :yahoo:

me disappearing for a week and riding out your way to visit the SW and Kali Crews.
Doesn't think I can do a 6,000 mile ride.

No way I could take such a trip without going all the way to Kali.....gotta drink some of DCarver's booze before I die.....and come back home via Owosso, Michigan.

Letterman, Oprah and Leno. I laughed my ass off. Best 30 seconds of the night. :yahoo:
when ya want us to leave ??? Is it OK if I just ride my new PR2?

hilarious and I kept studying it for digital fake...I believe it's real...

me disappearing for a week and riding out your way to visit the SW and Kali Crews.
Doesn't think I can do a 6,000 mile ride.

when ya want us to leave ??? Is it OK if I just ride my new PR2?

hilarious and I kept studying it for digital fake...I believe it's real...
You serious? Wanna ride with me when I dig up the courage to do it? YOU ARE ON! (but NO spooning!)

The Letterman/Oprah/Leno ad was great. Wasn't even 30 seconds, though, just 15, and it only ran once. That was enough, though!

I would invite myself on your Ride Out West, but there's no way I could finance it without help from the State of Florida's Lottery office. I'd have to stop every coupla days and get in line with the day labor folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the WHO and I have a stack of vinyl with their music, but I was disappointed with the singing in the half time show and really would prefer to have an act that is still in their prime at an event this large.

I had the pleasure of seeing The Who play in the early 80's. Great concert after the opening act (the B52's) Whomever set up the concert was an idiot... I can listen to the B52's, but the majority of the crowd was there to see The Who and had no patience for the B52's.

The B52's made it half way thru there 2nd or 3rd song when a shoe flew up and took out a beehive hair do... They left the stage and did not return.

The SB halftime show was "OK" in comparison to The Who in their prime. Pete missed a few chords, and smiled when he did. Certainly didn't get as much attention as Janet Jackson ;)

I'm afraid I agree with the minority here... I thought the Who's set was quite sad and embarrassing.

Someone should have gone Nancy Reagan on them: Just say No.

You serious? Wanna ride with me when I dig up the courage to do it? YOU ARE ON! (but NO spooning!)
RH - it's not courage you need. Desire and a credit card.

I rode to Vancouver Isle and back last June (8,228 miles; CFR) - and I'm just a gurl whose longest ride before June was about 1500 kms over 3-day weekend.

Hell, I did 6200kms in October to NC and back (in snow and freezing rain)

DO it! while you still CAN!

ME

You and me Don....we are definitely gonna get fallin' down drunk together one of these days. I promise.
I asked MissusHowie what she thought about me disappearing for a week and riding out your way to visit the SW and Kali Crews.

She said "Fine.....just make sure YOU make the arrangements on how to ship a body." She was serious. Doesn't think I can do a 6,000 mile ride.

Steve-O, off topic: Any time you wanted to jump a jet to Phoenix and use one of my motos, you're welcome to it. If I'm not looking after my Son Seth, I will ride with you over to Creston to see Don Carver. Longbranch Saloon was one of my drinking haunts back in the seventies and eighties. I've always been surprised I never ran into dcarver back in the day. I was the long bearded HD biker riding a chopper, just like ZZ Top: that the bouncer was throwing in to that wild joint, not out of it!

You will see Seth and I sometime between March 13-20; I will e-mail and PM you our cellphone and room numbers at The Pop Century Resort at Walt Disney World.

On Topic: Liked the promo spot, too; but I really liked the Budweiser Clydesdale and the Longhorn! Big, long-time Who fan, seem them here+++ and in Europe, also!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen the recording, brought back many happy memories of "The Valley" in 1976. Rain, lasers, mirrors, flying beer cans and the loudest music I had ever heard. Pretty good back up acts as well, Little Feat, Sensational Alex Harvey Band and, IIRC The Outlaws