Thermometer Farkle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried multiple mounting locations including stuck to the face of my speedo, in the map pocket of my tankbag, and everywhere in between.
Stuck to your speedo!! Yuk!! What where you trying to measure??? :D

This is what I use on my nekkid SV1000.

https://www.aerostich.com/product.php?produ...50&cat=0&page=2

Does it matter that the temp may be off by 10 degrees?

No. What matters is that I have a consistent gauge of temperature so I know how to plan my riding gear.

If it's 30 degrees and the thermo reads 25, as long as it consistently reads 25, I know what to expect.

I say don't waste your time and money.

It does to me. I want to know if that black spot in the road is frozen or not.

It was 31.8 degrees at my house this morning. I used a little extra caution on the way to work.

My VFR has a thermometer that was very accurate, and very useful. It's almost enough to make me consider the 06. It's not enough to get me back on the VFR for the commute this time of year. Doesn't put out enough heat :p

Count me in for one of the Datel thermo's.

It does to me. I want to know if that black spot in the road is frozen or not.

It was 31.8 degrees at my house this morning. I used a little extra caution on the way to work.

My VFR has a thermometer that was very accurate, and very useful. It's almost enough to make me consider the 06. It's not enough to get me back on the VFR for the commute this time of year. Doesn't put out enough heat :p

Count me in for one of the Datel thermo's.
I'd argue that extra special caution should be used all the time in Fall or Winter mornings anyway. Even though the air temperature may be above freezing, there's probably still ice on the roads.

If you all are going to drop some dime on equipment, I'd recommend the Kisan ChargeX. It has a thermometer, a voltmeter, an amp meter (ammeter?), and a battery tender all in one.