Things to Do At WFO-8!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
The Snake River was one of the latter legs of Lewis and Clark over 200 years ago. One road to get there is particularly fun for motorcycle riders and it's called Almota. Reviewed here....this road has a great final decent to the river.

IM001820.JPG

Back "in the day" thousands of coeds would road-trip from nearby Washington State University to Waterbust....far enough from Pullman to get away from local cops and be some other jurisdictions headache for the weekend. The great thing about the ride...you can go back up the same road.

Other than a grain elevator here and there....much of the view below the dam looks just like it did centuries ago.

It's about 34 miles from Moscow.

Please put me on the list to violate the Almota. (I always wanted to say "violate teh Amota"

Sounds like an experience guaranteed to go down hill.

If coming from the southwest throught Dayton, Washington going over Lower Granite Dam is an option.

BUT, it is not open all the time. I am trying to make contact with the Corps of Engineers to get the open hours.

The route is Dayton to Lower Deadman Rd (just before Central Ferry) to Lower Granite Dam. Cross the dam and you are at Almota. Then on up Almota grade and on to Moscow.

See it here...

See you in Mosow.

Edit: Hours of operation to cross Lower Granite Dam: 6:30am to 5pm Monday -- Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iggie: Are the co-eds topless on this river?
I can't confirm. With my aging eyesight I can't sneak up close enough to tell. They always scream something about a dirty old man and run away.

Doubly troubling.....I can't even seem to get close enough to see this alleged dirty old man. ;)