This and That

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other hint, use something to stop the speed sensor from seizing (top of the picture below):

(Click on image foe larger view)

There are many options, I use copper-loaded grease.

Don't over-torque its bolt or the axle pinch bolt.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other hint, use something to stop the speed sensor from seizing (top of the picture below):(Click on image foe larger view)

You mean around the entirety of the speed sensor correct, as in like a grease-gasket? And yea I've been following torque specs on everything. Usually I'm not so OCD but for the first time wrenching on this thing I'm taking extra precaution.

One other hint, use something to stop the speed sensor from seizing (top of the picture below):

(Click on image foe larger view)

You mean around the entirety of the speed sensor correct, as in like a grease-gasket? And yea I've been following torque specs on everything. Usually I'm not so OCD but for the first time wrenching on this thing I'm taking extra precaution.
Yes. The pic shows the sensor installed, but its bolt loose. Pull the sensor (preferable when removing either wheel). You can safely twist it to help free it, but don't put any strain on the wire, it's relatively delicate. While you've got your 4mm hex key out, take off the front speed sensor and "grease-gasket" that one as well. On my first FJR, both of them seized and I never got them out, which makes wheel changing a little less easy.