Throttle body sync question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raesewell

Reaction score
I performed a throttle body synchronisation yesterday on my 2013 FJR, number 4 is the painted one I got numbers 1 and 2 to synchronise but number 3 was a shade low and is fully seated so no more adjustment available, what to do?

That's what I was thinking, just needed confirmation, any other suggestions? Would injector cleaner be worth a shot?
Won't hurt anything but I doubt it will make much difference. If the problem is that there is some blockage, the injectors need to be checked and serviced by someone with appropriate equipment and knowhow. Typically they do an ultrasonic clean while rapidly actuating the injectors. Inlet filters are replaced.  Flow and spray pattern are evaluated and documented. 

If it synchs OK on #3,  I don't think I would bother unless there are other problems. 

The way I did mine is to bring them all (in) to fully seated and adjust the other 3 (out) to the lowest one.

On my 05 the painted one cant be seen anymore.

Check for vacuum leaks.

When I had the injectors done one was leaking and two were at 50%. The bike only had 25K (miles)on it.