Throttle Body Sync Tool

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xllented

Reaction score
What recommendation can anyone give me on the tool for the Throttle Body Sync? The Motion Pro Sync Pro is currently retailing for $99; just wondering if there was a less expensive alternative tool.

Thanks, X

What recommendation can anyone give me on the tool for the Throttle Body Sync? The Motion Pro Sync Pro is currently retailing for $99; just wondering if there was a less expensive alternative tool.
Thanks, X
The Motion Pro SyncPro is available for $69.95 at www.toolsource.com

Link

Thanks, X
The Motion Pro SyncPro is available for $69.95 at www.toolsource.com

Link
I cant get anything to come up on Toolsource.com. It says it cannot find SyncPro, or anything else from MotionPro. Maybe they don't sell it any more???

Ed

The Morgan Carbtune is a little more expensive as tstaff says but it works great. It only took a week to get it from across the pond, it's well built and is easy to use. You can't go wrong with it if you decide to get one.

I just spoke to someone this morning at Toolsource about my syncpro that's on backorder. Apparently after motionpro catches up on their backorders they are going to stop selling to retail stores and only sell them to dealers. I guess they think that they have the only carb tuner on the market and we'll run to the dealer and pay to have them do it if we can't get theirs. I'm tempted to cancel my order and get a carbtune.

I just spoke to someone this morning at Toolsource about my syncpro that's on backorder. Apparently after motionpro catches up on their backorders they are going to stop selling to retail stores and only sell them to dealers. I guess they think that they have the only carb tuner on the market and we'll run to the dealer and pay to have them do it if we can't get theirs. I'm tempted to cancel my order and get a carbtune.
I ordered the Morgan carb tune pro from cal sport touring for $99.00,$117.00 with shipping and all.I used it yesterday and it worked fantastic,it's very easy to use.I would highly recommend it.

Thanks, X
I recently bought the Motion-Pro Sync Pro from Whitehorse for $99 I think it was. You do not need to order the "adapters for Yamaha" offered for an extra $15. They are for older bikes with no rubber capped nipples to connect the sync tool to.

It had a problem calibrating due to a leak at one of the adj. screws. I called Motion-Pro. They quickly sent me a call tag and replaced it within a week. The replacement worked like a champ.

On my '06 1300AE I did not have to remove the heat shield, I just folded it forward. I did not remove the pipe/hose unit on top of the Throttle bodies like one recommended. I used an old hemostat to reach into the inner two TB vacuum ports. I Left the wire clip-on thing on the number 2 rubber cap and attached a pc. of small wire to it as a "leash" to keep from losing it like the first one I dropped down into the dark labyrinth below. The auto parts store had a small pkg. of rubber caps just the right size for replacements. Apparently the wire clip things are not critical with a sng fitting rubber cap.

With 7.6K on my bike, the TB's were out of sync by over a bar and a half on the sync-pro guage. Now they are nearly equal and the bike seems smoother at speed.

Thanks to the forum members who have contributed the instructions here on the forum on how to sync the TB's. It was a great confidence builder to have read that stuff first.

-Sirby B)

I ordered the Morgan carb tune pro from cal sport touring for $99.00,$117.00 with shipping and all.I used it yesterday and it worked fantastic,it's very easy to use.I would highly recommend it.
+1 on the Morgan carb tune. If you think about how much you're saving by doing the work yourself, the cost isn't that bad. Besides, it's a quality product and that makes me feel better when working on the bike. Nothing kills confidence like crappy tools.

I just ordered mine from Morgan a few mins ago. I figure that I'd be out less if I buy a quality product than get either get a cheap one or try to build my own to which would lead me to being frustrated and end up breaking something from kicking it too hard.... :)