Throttle lock with heated grips - which one?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
Well, it's about time I started thinking of having the heated grips installed on the FJR. The only question is, what throttle lock works best with them?

Most throttle locks I've found work best without the heated grips...

What th eheck is up with that anyway... maybe we want warm AND uncramped hands!

Tons of stuff have been posted about this. You might start by figuring out if you are going to use the factory heated grips or another alternative. That choice is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heated grips on my new '06AE. Last night I installed the heavy ThrottleMeister. It was easy, went right on. Seems to work just fine, but I have not had a chance to ride yet. Later today perhaps.

I have heated grips on my new '06AE. Last night I installed the heavy ThrottleMeister. It was easy, went right on. Seems to work just fine, but I have not had a chance to ride yet. Later today perhaps.
+1 Exactly the same setup. No brainer installation. There's acouple of threads around about getting the grips off with compressed air, WD40, etc. Google search is your friend

I had one hell of a time trying to roll the throttle grip back an inch to get that rubber cylindrical piece on, but I finally got it half way on then beat it the rest of the way!!! Looks perfect though.

I had one hell of a time trying to roll the throttle grip back an inch to get that rubber cylindrical piece on, but I finally got it half way on then beat it the rest of the way!!! Looks perfect though.
That is the only hard part. you don't actually need to lift the grip but more slide the little piece in lifting the grip a little where it sticks.

Sportsguy what color did you get?

I've used both Throttlemeister and Vista Cruise. The VC is hands down winner for me. It works better and is easier to use. TM looks better though. For me, function is king. looks and cost secondary.

BTW, I have Dual Star heating elements under the grip. no problem using a throttle lock with heated grips, OP.

I've used both Throttlemeister and Vista Cruise. The VC is hands down winner for me. It works better and is easier to use. TM looks better though. For me, function is king. looks and cost secondary.
BTW, I have Dual Star heating elements under the grip. no problem using a throttle lock with heated grips, OP.
Can't use it with factory heated grips and that is what he buying.

I was hoping to steer him away from the factory heated grips. I've heard they're very hard. And expensive. To each his own. thx
Expense is relative...and hard? You mean the factory non-heated grips are soft? *chuckles at his own subtle humor*

@johnny - got sidetracked - damn job... ordering the all black with silver scallops tomorrow... ;)