Throttle Lock with Heated Grips.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TumacMike

Reaction score
I purchased a Madco cam-lock throttle lock. Having trouble installing it on the '06 AE with the factory heated grips. I am not sure how to route the electrical wires for the grips. Does anyone have experience with this?

Alternatively, is there a different throttle lock that will work easily with the heated grips?

Thanks

TumacMike

I don't know about the Madco, but I abandon Vista-Cruis lock on the AE as the interferrence with the throttle cable housings (unique on theAE) did not allow it to work.

I went with the throttlemeister, easy to install, did not interfere with heated grips, and it works fine for me.

I don't know about the Madco, but I abandon Vista-Cruis lock on the AE as the interferrence with the throttle cable housings (unique on theAE) did not allow it to work.
I went with the throttlemeister, easy to install, did not interfere with heated grips, and it works fine for me.
I just put a throttlemeister on also - although I had to insert a blunt object between the grip and the plastic handle underneath to stretch the grip and break the adhesive so I could get the friction ring in. Rolling up the grip as they state in the instructions ain't gonna happen with the heated grips - they are too stiff.