Throttle Locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunny on the throttlemeisters. I have a set on my FJR and they work great. They will "creap" a bit if you don't get it tight you can let them release slow so you don't get a bunch of engine breaking at 80.

I have never used the throttlemeister but it looks like you have to go through some kind of hand manipulation to turn it on. I suppose you get used to it but with the vista cruise your hand doesn't have to move at all to turn it on or off, just your thumb. That seems a lot safer to me because my hand stays on the grip until I'm good and ready to let the vista cruise take over, so I can concentrate on the road. I also like the fact it's a lot cheaper and very reliable due to its simple design.

Just to add another one to the mix: Brakeaway cruise control units are very nice. Pricey, but nice. You can activate / de-activate them with the push of a button on the driver side. It also has a brake lever kill switch which immediately turns it off in a panic stop or just by touching the brake lever. I have one installed on my Suzuki M109 and love it. I really like the fact that in a panic stop, God forbid, it kicks off immediately. I have the throttlemeister on the FJR and it does work well, just not as nice as the brakeaway. JMO

Installed a Vista Cruise on my 07 this wekend. Ir works really well after proper adjustment. I read several threads on this installation before starting out which helped some. One thing I notedwas that in two of the threads, they recommended cutting the flange from the grips to get clearance for a smooth return. A much better way is to take your trusty Dremel and increase the diameter of the flange on the Vista Cruise itself.

Just to add another one to the mix: Brakeaway cruise control units are very nice. Pricey, but nice.
Another big +1 on the Brakeaway... would definitely not want anything else.
I admit, the product looks great. But the website mentions it will not work with heated grips. Anyone find a work around for this?