Throttle meister cruise control.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyking

Reaction score
Thinking of using the throttle mister cruise control on my 06 fjr. would like to here from others that have used this product.Easy to install? would you recomend it? thank you.

The worst i ever used in my life..... I now use them as bar ends... For a cruse control.. They Suck.

Use a vista cruser. Use war childs method of mounting or drill 2 holes and use a tie wrap. That is what i did on my 05. Work great.

Jdog

If you live close to Smitty (Bonne Terre, MO), I would recommend you ride over and let him install an Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control for you. Not only is Smitty a real nice guy, he does FANTASTIC work (and all for $275 including CC unit).

Best regards,

Shane

Thinking of using the throttle mister cruise control on my 06 fjr. would like to here from others that have used this product.Easy to install? would you recomend it? thank you.

I had a TM on a previous bike and really didn't care for it...on my '06 FJR I added the Madco Cam-Lock Sport. It works just like a Vista Cruise. The big difference is the Madco is more expensive, about $90, it's made of aluminum and stainless steel, it installs in about 5 minutes without drilling into the housing, and it looks like it belongs on the bike.

I like nice stuff...the Madco was worth the extra money to me. Ordering and shipping was a breath of fresh air. I can say the service from Madco was like none other I have *ever* experienced.

No financial interest...just an extremely happy customer.

PTP

I use a TM on my 05. It works but it's just about impossible to engage/disengage smoothly. They do make great looking bar ends but you can get bar ends that look just as nice for a lot less $$. I wouldn't buy them again but I won't replace them till it doesn't work at all or I get a cruise control. I recommend the latter.

So, not to change the subject or anything, but does anyone have any experience removing the Throttlemeister? I'm thinking of getting rid of mine and replacing it with heavier bar ends and a decent throttle lock.

IMHO, disengaging the TM is not too bad but trying to engage it with one hand is insanely difficult. Maybe there's some skill involved that I don't have. I had a Vista Cruise on my last bike and liked it much better.

They do make nice bar ends and, if I had gotten the heavy ones, I'd probably stand pat. As it is, this thing has to go.

Cheers,

Jim

So, not to change the subject or anything, but does anyone have any experience removing the Throttlemeister? I'm thinking of getting rid of mine and replacing it with heavier bar ends and a decent throttle lock.
IMHO, disengaging the TM is not too bad but trying to engage it with one hand is insanely difficult. Maybe there's some skill involved that I don't have. I had a Vista Cruise on my last bike and liked it much better.

They do make nice bar ends and, if I had gotten the heavy ones, I'd probably stand pat. As it is, this thing has to go.

Cheers,

Jim
Loosten the screw on the end, but don't remove it, and pull like hell. I've taken mine off before and it is a royal bitch, lots of sweating and swearing. If you loosten the screw as far as possible you can get a slid hammer effect and a little light weight lube doesn't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have them on my 06. Work great! I don't know why everyone else is knocking them.

Because for me, I have to let go of the throttle, engage or disengage the 'meister, then grab the throttle again. And, you know, because this is such a herky jerky throttle anyway, well, I feel as to be on a bucking bronc (or is that broncing buck? :blink: ) Really, tho, letting go the throttle at speed can be unhealthy, IMO.

Rogue, you practice too much wrist action. Why aren't you blind yet? :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: