Throttle meister cruise control.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:good: I had them on my '05 FJR and liked them so much, that I installed them on my '06 FJR.

I don't quite understand why some people have a difficult time with them. I find them easy to use and when I adjust the tension just right I can pretty much increase or decrease engine speed to allow for slight uphills and downhill terrain so my speed is pretty constant.

I use them on my ZX10

yellow004.jpg

but on my FJR I use the Audiovox cruise. they both work ok but I would go with the Audiovox

it is cheaper and is far better for mile after mile worry free use

Really, tho, letting go the throttle at speed can be unhealthy, IMO.
Yeah, tis true. Somebody needs to tell that squid in them videos that keeps flippin' peeps the bird.
Dude, yo, go back to that thread and read it again. That's jdog saying 'howdy' to me. Meaning, that ain't me in that vid. Dig? ;)

Oh, yeah: :****:

:lol:

Feck, I must be one uncoordinated sod... :blink:
Hey Pal, you said it, not me! :yahoo:

Well, you have ridden with me and have seen the proof, so I can't say less... :blink:

Thinking of using the throttle mister cruise control on my 06 fjr. would like to here from others that have used this product.Easy to install? would you recomend it? thank you.

I had a TM on a previous bike and really didn't care for it...on my '06 FJR I added the Madco Cam-Lock Sport. It works just like a Vista Cruise. The big difference is the Madco is more expensive, about $90, it's made of aluminum and stainless steel, it installs in about 5 minutes without drilling into the housing, and it looks like it belongs on the bike.

I like nice stuff...the Madco was worth the extra money to me. Ordering and shipping was a breath of fresh air. I can say the service from Madco was like none other I have *ever* experienced.

No financial interest...just an extremely happy customer.

PTP

Here's a link Webpage

Question, I didn't find a sport version and they don't show one for a FJR :unsure: so what did you order and how easy to use.

Thanks, cary

Thinking of using the throttle mister cruise control on my 06 fjr. would like to here from others that have used this product.Easy to install? would you recomend it? thank you.

I had a TM on a previous bike and really didn't care for it...on my '06 FJR I added the Madco Cam-Lock Sport. It works just like a Vista Cruise. The big difference is the Madco is more expensive, about $90, it's made of aluminum and stainless steel, it installs in about 5 minutes without drilling into the housing, and it looks like it belongs on the bike.

I like nice stuff...the Madco was worth the extra money to me. Ordering and shipping was a breath of fresh air. I can say the service from Madco was like none other I have *ever* experienced.

No financial interest...just an extremely happy customer.

PTP

Here's a link Webpage

Question, I didn't find a sport version and they don't show one for a FJR :unsure: so what did you order and how easy to use.

Thanks, cary

https://www.madcorider.com/cam-lock_Sport.html

You want to order Type "B".

I just noticed the price went up...$99.50 now. It was $89 about two-three weeks ago. I'd probably still buy it for $99.

Ease of use...push down with thumb to lock, flip up with thumb to unlock. There's never a question of what position it's in. Tension adjustment is made by turning a nut with the little socket that can be kept on your key ring.

And again, I have no financial interest I'm just really happy with the product and the service I received.

PTP

PTP, thanks. I will be ordering one monday, I like the looks of this one ...as they say it looks as if its factory. Didn't like most others as they looked tacked on.

cary

I just noticed the price went up...$99.50 now. It was $89 about two-three weeks ago. I'd probably still buy it for $99.

Ease of use...push down with thumb to lock, flip up with thumb to unlock. There's never a question of what position it's in. Tension adjustment is made by turning a nut with the little socket that can be kept on your key ring.

And again, I have no financial interest I'm just really happy with the product and the service I received.

PTP

I'll say I was thinking of the cam-lock seriously until I read this on the web site regarding the type B:

"Except those w/factory heated grips" and I may have the heated grips installed on my '06A when the dealers can actually get them. Right now my farkling dollars are limited, but heat is high on my list.

I like the good looks about the throttlemeisters and ease of installation, but worry that the reviews are not universally good.

As for the Audiovox, almost universally good reviews, but I think it would tax my limited mechanical skills to install.

Still on the fence with my throttle boss and grip puppies as cheap interim solutions for now.

PTP

I'll say I was thinking of the cam-lock seriously until I read this on the web site regarding the type B:

"Except those w/factory heated grips" and I may have the heated grips installed on my '06A when the dealers can actually get them. Right now my farkling dollars are limited, but heat is high on my list.

I like the good looks about the throttlemeisters and ease of installation, but worry that the reviews are not universally good.

As for the Audiovox, almost universally good reviews, but I think it would tax my limited mechanical skills to install.

Still on the fence with my throttle boss and grip puppies as cheap interim solutions for now.

Get heated gloves instead of the grips...the gloves go to your next bike...the grip's don't.

PTP

I banged my right elbow up last week from part of a tree limb flying out from under a brushog.

Could not use the arm very well. I rode over 1000 miles in the last three days and Im sure glad I have the throttlemeister on the FJR. I dont have a problem with the engagement at all.

You guys having a problem might try moving it over to the throttle side of the bike. :)

I have used the Cam lock before. But I just ordered the Throttlemeister. I'll let you know in about a week. I think it will look and work great!

VistaCruise.

Oh, and, let's get control of the quotes function, peeps!
When it is user friendly I will...get slammed for quoting the whole message...get slammed when we try to cut it short and a character gets deleted...probably slammed for hijacking now........friendlier, huh? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have them on both of my bikes, no issues at all. The key on the FJR (for me) is pulling in the clutch, then match revs with the TM and release, smooth as butter. Kinda like getting the perfect clutchless shift.

The key to enjoyment is proper setup.

I have them on both of my bikes, no issues at all. The key on the FJR (for me) is pulling in the clutch, then match revs with the TM and release, smooth as butter. Kinda like getting the perfect clutchless shift.
The key to enjoyment is proper setup.
That would be my technique for engagement as well fhaze, works OK for me too.

As well, on long trips - I tend to snug up the TM so the throttle still moves but just barely - sort of like taking the throttle spring mod the next level - after 20K on the bike I just figured this out on the last long trip - the numb hand was completely fixed by the return spring mod, the sore shoulder and shoulder blade was fixed by the snugging up the TM a bit - just did a 2000Km weekend and was very comfy....

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in milwaukee where they are made, and they installed them for me....

Honestly, I just roll my palm on the TM and its on... not sure what the big deal is..

Works awesome for me... and looks great...