Throttle meister cruise control.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another happy TM user. I haven't any problems engaging or disengaging. I don't have to take my hand of the throttle to use it. The only issue I'll face is how to best modify the Suzuki handguards.

I had a Vista Cruise on my Connie. Just flipping your thumb to engage or disengage was pretty nice. The ThrottleMeister is much more reliable, however. It holds better and longer. Twisting with my right pinky and ring finger instead of flipping with my thumb vs. a more reliable lock -- I'm happier with the TM, no plans to go back to VC.

The ThrottleMeister is much more reliable, however. It holds better and longer. Twisting with my right pinky and ring finger instead of flipping with my thumb vs. a more reliable lock
More reliable lock?

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I have zero issues with my VistaCruise holding indefinitely. I set it, and it stays that way until I disengage it. Period.

Perhaps you did not have yours adjusted properly. But I can tell you my VC works without drama or issue. And has for 88k on the FJR, and 30k on my previous Connie.

I think I figured out why some people have troubles.....

I have the Grip Puppies installed over the factory grips... and it makes the grips much larger in diameter, so there for the the Trhottlemeister is perfectly level or straight across the entire grip to the throttlemister, when I slide my hand over to the throttlemeister, I just roll the right side of my palm, and it engages... simple..

The combo of the Grip Puppies, and the Throttlemeister works perfectly for me...

Question, I didn't find a sport version and they don't show one for a FJR :unsure: so what did you order and how easy to use.

Thanks, cary

https://www.madcorider.com/cam-lock_Sport.html

You want to order Type "B".

I just noticed the price went up...$99.50 now. It was $89 about two-three weeks ago. I'd probably still buy it for $99.

Ease of use...push down with thumb to lock, flip up with thumb to unlock. There's never a question of what position it's in. Tension adjustment is made by turning a nut with the little socket that can be kept on your key ring.

And again, I have no financial interest I'm just really happy with the product and the service I received.

PTP

update...Fantastic people to deal with :yahoo: , I ordered it last Saturday at 11:30 and was told they would try to ship that day! Also its on the honor system as they don't take CC's so Iput the check in the mail also on sat. Got it on Monday :) Install was very easy...as usual I had a question on the install and when I called I was put straight thru to Bill the owner-designer who answered my dumb questions. Bill informed me that this cruise was specifically designed for the FJR!

Finally I can ride for more tham 20 min as I know can set the cruise and let my hand take a min. rest :yahoo:

Cary

I have a couple of pictures up..sorry for the quality I need to learn haw to take closeups :( I will take more if anyone needs any other shots.

I just installed the Throttlemeister on my 03. First off, the bar ends are definately good looking. Quality of the product seems top notch. The system works great, engaugement/disengaugement is simple and easy.

For the looks alone I'd say it's a much better product then a thumb device, both do exactly the same thing.

Lots of opinions at polar opposites. I love my TM. I found it easy to adjust. Hold speed very well. Waaaaay better than the piece o crap Vista I had.

Some complain about how hard it is to turn it on and off. No such prob here. I wrapped my universal Kury throttle boss around it and just slide my hand over a bit and roll it back. Very easy and no fiddling. Yes, the Audiovox might be the best way to go, but it's an extreme install for something I only need once in a while and for a short time.

I've used TM on several bikes -- works just fine. I usually adjust so that 1/4 turn locks it.

I don't use it to ride like a cruise control -- just to lock and relax my right hand for a minute -- then i roll it off, and back to normal riding.

I tried putting the NEP/Vista on an AE -- but it doesn't work due to the different throttle cable/sensor housing interference) -- also concerned with the heated grips and clamping it with either the NEP/Vista.

So, not to change the subject or anything, but does anyone have any experience removing the Throttlemeister? I'm thinking of getting rid of mine and replacing it with heavier bar ends and a decent throttle lock. Jim
To remove -- pull out the bolt, remove the bar-end (either the weight or the lock side), the re-install the bolt several threads. If you lightly tap the bolt -- it will release the clamping wedge on the o-rings. then it should come out (i usually have to twist and pull, sometimes putting the bolt back in and tapping it again)

I recently installed a Throttlemeister on my FJR as well. I like it fairly well. Even though I had a learning curve for a smooth engagement, it does a real good job of relieving hand/finger fatigue previously encountered and maintains speed on level to lightly undulating terraine. I got the short bar-ends as I thought that they looked better and vibration wasn't a consideration in my purchase. A little pricey but I like the look and the function.

Question, I didn't find a sport version and they don't show one for a FJR :unsure: so what did you order and how easy to use.

Thanks, cary

https://www.madcorider.com/cam-lock_Sport.html

You want to order Type "B".

I just noticed the price went up...$99.50 now. It was $89 about two-three weeks ago. I'd probably still buy it for $99.

Ease of use...push down with thumb to lock, flip up with thumb to unlock. There's never a question of what position it's in. Tension adjustment is made by turning a nut with the little socket that can be kept on your key ring.

And again, I have no financial interest I'm just really happy with the product and the service I received.

PTP

update...Fantastic people to deal with :yahoo: , I ordered it last Saturday at 11:30 and was told they would try to ship that day! Also its on the honor system as they don't take CC's so Iput the check in the mail also on sat. Got it on Monday :) Install was very easy...as usual I had a question on the install and when I called I was put straight thru to Bill the owner-designer who answered my dumb questions. Bill informed me that this cruise was specifically designed for the FJR!

Finally I can ride for more tham 20 min as I know can set the cruise and let my hand take a min. rest :yahoo:

Cary

I have a couple of pictures up..sorry for the quality I need to learn haw to take closeups :( I will take more if anyone needs any other shots.

Whats hoding the com lock in place??to prevent is from rotating?

if no drilling required.

i had to add my .02.

i installed the heavy meisters on my 06.

cruise works perfectly and has eliminated the handlebar buzzy-ness.

:good: I had them on my '05 FJR and liked them so much, that I installed them on my '06 FJR.
I don't quite understand why some people have a difficult time with them. I find them easy to use and when I adjust the tension just right I can pretty much increase or decrease engine speed to allow for slight uphills and downhill terrain so my speed is pretty constant.

I am considering the TM for my '06 - Would really rather do the Audiovox setup - Does anyone on the list know someone in Western Washington that might be able to istall the Audiovox???

If I do the TM or Vista, do I need to worry about the heated grips?? As stated before, my right hand is numb in 5 miles or less with my '06. Are there better grips or other things I can do to aleviate this???

Thanks Guys -

If I do the TM or Vista, do I need to worry about the heated grips?? As stated before, my right hand is numb in 5 miles or less with my '06. Are there better grips or other things I can do to aleviate this???
Thanks Guys -

Rather than resurecting a 9 month old thread you should try a search for numb hand or start a new thread...

Shit! What am I saying? Am I turning into some kind of thread nazi????