Throttle Mounted Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrgoodie

Reaction score
I would like to know some members opinions on what type throttle mounted cruise control they prefer or have had experience with. I ordered the G2 throttle cam as well as replacement Grip Puppies for the installation. I figure that while I'm working on throttle cam and replacing the grips anyway, I might as well install a "cruise control" of that type.

Thanks,

fjrgoodie

I would like to know some members opinions on what type throttle mounted cruise control they prefer or have had experience with. I ordered the G2 throttle cam as well as replacement Grip Puppies for the installation. I figure that while I'm working on throttle cam and replacing the grips anyway, I might as well install a "cruise control" of that type.
Thanks,

fjrgoodie

BrakeAway Throttle Lock. Works well, looks great, VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

I like mine as much as it cost (I think that makes sense). ;)

Capt. Bob

opinions on what type throttle mounted cruise control
For clarification....I don't think there are any actual "cruise control" devices that just mount to a throttle. They are all "throttle lock" design and don't adjust throttle position to keep speed constant. True cruise control devices are more expensive and require various hardware installed under the tank and other parts of the bike.

That said, I'm partial to the Vista Cruise throttle lock. Cheap, effective, and simple to install.

However, I'm having an Audiovox true cruise control installed in August.

I started out with just Throttle Rocker wrist-rest, then added a Vista Cruise, and finally had Smitty install a Audiovox CCS system. All three are still in place.

The Throttle Rocker is good for resting your fingers when you don't want to (or can't) use the the other two. The Vista Cruise is nice when you need to free up your right hand for a quick stretch or to scratch somewhere that can't be reached by your left hand. The Audiovox is great for long stretches on open roads. Before I got them, I thought they were needless extravagances, but now I wouldn't go on a long ride without them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed Grip Puppies last night and Throttlemeister to do this weekend. Keep in mind some throttle locks may need some modifications. For example BrakeAway website says "Does not fit FJR1300AE model, and does not fit with heated grips". Vista Cruise may need some alterations as well, pending which type you purchase. Many helpful forum members have posted further information about this subject (thanks!).