Throttle Spring removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snookerman

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm fairly sure someone has done this before and helped others with the same problem, but I couldn't find anything by doing a "search". I want to remove the center throttle spring on my '07, but after I got the tank lifted up, here is this nice silver heat shield covering everything. Do I have to remove the tank completely and go from there, or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :unsure:

Snookerman

Clickie About 90% of the way down under "Throttle Spring". The Bin O Facts is your friend B)

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll love it; they should all come from the factory that way. You'll be surprised when you unhook the spring; it'll just unwind and hook again in a split second. You'll wonder if it even happened.

Scroll down the page to "photos of how to get under the tank", posted by Rickstar. It gives you complete details about how to get to and unwind the throttle return spring ONE TURN ONLY. Do not unwind more than one turn. It's not hard to do. He originally posted this on March 23 2007.

Good luck.

Scroll down the page to "photos of how to get under the tank", posted by Rickstar. It gives you complete details about how to get to and unwind the throttle return spring ONE TURN ONLY. Do not unwind more than one turn. It's not hard to do. He originally posted this on March 23 2007.
Good luck.

Hey Sante Fe Rider,

Thanks so much for the post by Rickstar! :yahoo: It was EXACTLY what I was looking for. We'll try it again tomorrow. :D

Gary