Throttlemeister Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xllented

Reaction score
I'm getting to pull the trigger on a set of throttlemeisters; on the throttlemeister's website it says the larger one's are easier to "engage" (customer feedback). Just seeing if this is true - what's your take?

Or maybe other recommendations?

Thanks!

I have the "regulars" that I stole from my VFR. Never had an issue with engaging it on or with head shake.

FjrVfr

I don't know about an I4 but I put the heavys on the V2 I had. Took the buzziness away.

I have the regulars, took a little bit of the buzz away - my old man has the heavys on his fjr and I cannot tell the difference in vibe reduction. I went with the regulars b/c I thought the heavy's looked a bit too long as bar ends on my old man's fjr - although the heavys are a tad easier to use with winter gloves...

Thanks guys for the input.

I had a Vista Cruise on my FZ1; it had a flat spot where it would "slip" at around 70mph. Tightening it would make it "stick" just a bit; I just learned to live with it.

I like the looks of the throttlemeisters; they're just so damned $$$.... I'll probably get the heavys...

Cheers!

I have the heavies on my Triumph Sprint and I liked them. I find the extra length makes them easy to grab with the heal of my hand and my little finger to engage. But the MC Cruise on the FJR is nicer!

I have the regular throttlemeisters and no problem. I do recommend the bullet style as opposed to the smooth one. IMHO worth the few extra $$ (Vista Cruise still too far down on the list of items competing a limited budget…)

I have the "regulars" that I stole from my VFR. Never had an issue with engaging it on or with head shake.
FjrVfr
I wished that I had thought of that. . . I let my Throttlemeister go with my VFR when I sold it. Although I really don't need it since I have MCCruise, but the factory bar ends are just so plain. At least the Throttlemeister would help to dampen the vibrations a bit.

My BMW had a screw tension/friction knob for the throttle, so I did not need anything. I went with an aftermarket set of heavy bar ends and I likes the effect they had. I am looking at tht TM as well, but one question: On the BMW the tension/friction was always present-something I got used to an liked a lot. Is the TM just on/off or can it be set to add tension/friction to the throttle and left alone?

My BMW had a screw tension/friction knob for the throttle, so I did not need anything. I went with an aftermarket set of heavy bar ends and I likes the effect they had. I am looking at tht TM as well, but one question: On the BMW the tension/friction was always present-something I got used to an liked a lot. Is the TM just on/off or can it be set to add tension/friction to the throttle and left alone?
You can adjust the friction and leave it alone, or re-adjust any time, at will.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can adjust the friction and leave it alone, or re-adjust any time, at will.
Thanks for the info. :)