Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
I installed the throttlemeister on my 2004. I now purchased a 2008 and was wondering if I can "switch the insides" of the handlebars on both bikes? I seem to remember when I installed the Throttlemeister on the 2004 it seemed to be a permanent deal (like I removed something I wouldn't be able to put back).

Any advice?

Same TM fits all years.

Sorry; your asking if the 08 bar insert is the same as the 04?

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing you remove is the part that is inside the bar end. I would think the one that is in the 08 is the same and can be put in bars on the 04.

Personally I hate mine and can't wait to get the Audiovox installed.

R

I installed the throttlemeister on my 2004. I now purchased a 2008 and was wondering if I can "switch the insides" of the handlebars on both bikes? I seem to remember when I installed the Throttlemeister on the 2004 it seemed to be a permanent deal (like I removed something I wouldn't be able to put back).
Any advice?
https://www.throttlemeister.com/applications.html#Yamaha deagle: I have a Throttlemeister on all five of my bikes and I don't see any reason you cannot move it to your 2008. The Applications Chart has the same numbers for the 2004 bike.

However, since you mentioned the word "Throttlemeister" on FJR Forum; an individual named SkooterG will appear ASAP!

the only thing you remove is the part that is inside the bar end. I would think the one that is in the 08 is the same and can be put in bars on the 04.
Personally I hate mine and can't wait to get the Audiovox installed.

R
I'm getting an Audiovox installed at R's palatial California estate over Thanksgiving. Keeping the TM to piss off SkooterG!

Yes, I was wondering if you can remove the throttlemeister and put it back to original bar ends easy enough? I want to move it to the new bike (I, for one, think it works great for it's intended use). For some reason I had it in my mind that restoring the original barends would be a lot of work....like something I did during installation of the throttlemeister would be hard to reverse.

Thanks for the responses!!!