'Tick' Anxiety

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines been ticking for four years..Jestal stopped by several years ago and said "Nope it ain't a ticker they all make that noise"

Good enough for me.. 'course I ain't put the miles down like some of you peeps.

One summer I'm going to stay healthy and actually use the damned thing. ;)
Whatever happened to Jestal? I was thinking about him the other day. Haven't seen around these parts in a looong time.
Gunny.
Gunny Woof +10 The guys whose posts I most miss reading are jestal's and radman's -- almost always learned something about mechanical stuff. I never realized that jestal had ever stopped by Bust's place, though. I suppose that goes a long way to explain his absence. Lord knows what he musta seen going on there! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
...Good to hear these reports of the tick being fixed once and for all .. now the agonizing wait for the parts to be shipped and then the work to be done ... 2.5 weeks before I can ride her again...
Too bad you are already committed to have the work done at your dealer of choice. Just a bit north of Boston there is a dealer that is very experienced in ticker repairs and they have the machine shop equipment on site to do the valve guide machining work. Turn-around is fast and their workmanship is proven good.

...Good to hear these reports of the tick being fixed once and for all .. now the agonizing wait for the parts to be shipped and then the work to be done ... 2.5 weeks before I can ride her again...
Too bad you are already committed to have the work done at your dealer of choice. Just a bit north of Boston there is a dealer that is very experienced in ticker repairs and they have the machine shop equipment on site to do the valve guide machining work. Turn-around is fast and their workmanship is proven good.
I heard from multiple parties that this machine shop is wicked good. Also, they are covering all the charges. So I am kinda limited in choice! Also, since I bought it from them, I am going to ask for warranty that covers the work being done. But thanks for the future reference ..