Time to upgrade to a lager displacement bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrash

Reaction score
My wife rides a honda cb250 nighthawk with 17hp "wow" and she's ready to upgrade to 600 to 700cc bike. Her inseam is 29 inches and she likes how she sits on the honda and hates how the cruiser type bike rides with the limited lean angle. Any suggestions ducati, bmw maybe where she can put her feet on the ground at stops and especially backing up out of driveways and parking spots.

Thanks, Bill

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a cute little 600cc bike that oughta do the job...... ;) :D

YamahaR6_2006-g.jpg

My wife rides a honda cb250 nighthawk with 17hp "wow" and she's ready to upgrade to 600 to 700cc bike. Her inseam is 29 inches and she likes how she sits on the honda and hates how the cruiser type bike rides with the limited lean angle. Any suggestions ducati, bmw maybe where she can put her feet on the ground at stops and especially backing up out of driveways and parking spots.
Thanks, Bill

:unsure:

Might want to try an FZ6 or SV650. Both are about an inch higher than her inseam, but they can both be lowered enough for a good fit.

Yeah, my R6 suggestion is tongue-in-cheek..... that's quite a step up, from a 250 Nighthawk to this raging 110hp featherweight race bike.

The SV650 would be an excellent choice. The new FZ6 would also be a nice option.

Could we get a little more information about what she wants and how she plans on using the bike rather than just her current bike, her inseam, and that she doesn't like cruisers?

- Mark

If you wait a week or so....GP Suspension can give you a no# for a custom made height adjustble shock for the rear of the new FZ6....from Penske no less....don't ask how I know :blink: .... :lol: (sound of cash register in the background)

If you wait a week or so....GP Suspension can give you a no# for a custom made height adjustble shock for the rear of the new FZ6....from Penske no less....don't ask how I know :blink: .... :lol: (sound of cash register in the background)
Mike

You are going to spoil Penny,

Oh and thanks, Diana is jealous, she's making noises about moving up from her EX500 :rolleyes:

Chris

Sargent makes a seat for the SV650S which is lower than the stock seat. I believe it also fits the SV650.

how about kawi's 650 ninja? i had a 500, and it was a very nice, balanced bike. the 650 is the same, with some much needed updates. around 70 hp, it's still entertaining.

Annnd all the 600-650 bikes mentioned will easily convert to a sport-touring mode with soft or hard bags in case you'd like to travel together.

Oh and thanks, Diana is jealous, she's making noises about moving up from her EX500
BugR, what are friends for? Just wait 'til Pen starts "sharing" how much she likes her new bike...you might as well start saving now!

Come on you knuckle heads! :unsure: I can't belive no one is going to jab the header here.... Lager. Why no mention of beer?I've seen beer flowing through a statues junk here, and several other odditys dispensing the brew, but never a bike.

Odot, you really dissapoint me son! :rolleyes:

:jester:

My wife rides a Suzuki GS500F and really likes it. Makes her feel like she is on a sport bike without slamming through walls or anything.

GS500FK7.jpg

gypsy

+1 on the Ninja 650. My wife loves hers. Its light, has a low seat height, has enough power to be fun (even for me) without being too ridiculous, and the seating position is perfect for longer tours (at least for my wife). Like any bike, it needs some farkles and accessories, but it's a decent platform to build on for a lot of riders.

One note on the 650, lowering the bike can be a pricey endeavor since the only 2 options seem to be shaving the already firm seat, or investing in a new $700 shock.

i like those gs500's gypsy, especially since they redesigned them. BTW, how far from Yarmouth do you live? we went there on out honeymoon, i can't imagine there being tons of riding roads. it seemed kind of small.