Tip for Getting Cheap Ray-Ban Sunglasses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 5 years ago, ray ban was purchased by an Italian company. Luxottica is the largest manufacturer of glasses in the world. Before, ray bans were sold everywhere with huge volume discounts. Costco had them for sale at lower than wholesale price. Now retailers have to agree to sell them for no less than suggested retail price or can lose their distributorship. It is the same with Oakley, Maui Jim, Rudy Project and many other quality sunglasses. sucks for buyers, but has helped the brands as well as the retailers. jr

Last edited by a moderator:
great tip....i almost threw away a 3 yr old pair of Maui Jims and sent them in for repair for the hell of it...$40 bucks for a brand new pair.

thx again. :yahoo:

I hadn't thought about this before, I guess I'm brain dead, but if anyone would like sunglasses let me know. I carry most brands and if I can, I'll try to get you what you want for less than you might pay retail. There may be an occasion where I can't beat someone's price but I can try. Just PM me. Make sure you include the Manufacturer,Model name /number Located on the temple, and the color. I'll then tell you what I can sell it for.

It is true some Manufacturers won't allow me to discount or I'll lose my distribution rights but..............................

I'll try to help you out the best I can

Glenn