Tire Shop recommendation from SoCal Members ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ Greg

Reaction score
I'll be on fam vacation in Newport Beach, CA for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow and may need to replace tires on an '03 that I plan to purchase over there. Being from Arizona I'm not familiar with a good shop in that area, and unfortunately don't have the time to mail order tires as I usually do... so looking for a shop with decent (is that possible ?) prices on tires, too. Hoping someone may have a recommendation. Many thanks in advance.

Look for any local Cycle Gear stores in the area. They sell and intall tires. The are having a sale on the Pilot Road IIs right now also.

North County House of Motorcycles is very competitively priced (in general) and seem to want to keep their customers. It is 35 miles south.

I-15 S to

I-78 (Carlsbad) E

4 miles to Emerald exit south.

They always have several FJR's on the floor. This is a large dealership.

https://www.nchouseofmotorcycles.com/

Let me know if you want a tour of San Diego backroads.

if you want to run up to Torrance (30 miles) you can use my garage and tools to remove wheels, there are several options around here to get them put on.

I also have a cyclegear with in a mile.

richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, you can ride to Carp (my joint), pull off your wheels and run them down to CalCoast in Ventura. In'nernet prices on tires and mounting and balancing are free, while-you-wait service.

Or, you can ride to Carp (my joint), pull off your wheels and run them down to CalCoast in Ventura. In'nernet prices on tires and mounting and balancing are free, while-you-wait service.
Neil San Diego, ynotride, amansker, Fairlaner, and twowheelnut - you guys are awesome - thanks for the tips and especially the offers to come by and use your tools and refrigerator contents (I think you meant that). It's great to know I have some options to fall back on, and I may take you up on it if the tires are too torched when I buy this scooter in San Diego. You're all on my Christmas list ! many thanks, Greg

I'll be on fam vacation in Newport Beach, CA for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow and may need to replace tires on an '03 that I plan to purchase over there. Being from Arizona I'm not familiar with a good shop in that area, and unfortunately don't have the time to mail order tires as I usually do... so looking for a shop with decent (is that possible ?) prices on tires, too. Hoping someone may have a recommendation. Many thanks in advance.
I buy my tires at Orange County Motorsports in Santa Ana. It's a Suzuki, Kawasaki dealer but very close to my work and give me good prices on tires. I have to take them my wheels, they will not work on my Yamaha.

If you want somebody close that will pull the wheels and change the tires. Mission Motorsports in Irvine is very close to Newport. They have very good prices if you buy Dunlops. I've just put a set of Dunlop Roadsmart tires on. Only have about 500 miles on them so far but they feel good.

I've had 3 sets of Avon Storms that I bought for a good price from the Sazook dealer, they're my favorites. The Michelin's just cost too much for me. I go through them too fast. I did get 9000 from my last set of Avons.

I really like my new Dunlops, so if that is what you end up with you sure won't be compromising in any way! Are you picking up the feej and then doing the vacation, or at the end just before you go? It sure would be nice to ride the coast as part of the vacation!

C