Tires at a good price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info...

It's generally considered good practice to post an introduction or participate in some other thread(s) BEFORE posting a link to a commercial site...otherwise you may be seen as a drive by spammer.

'Specially given the lack of info in your profile. :agent:

Uni motors as well as Guru Glenn both have great tire prices, not to mention outstanding discounts on all other parts needs, support the FJR community in many other ways, including promotional giving at the various meets. No one else gets my biz no way spammer. :unsure:

Looked at that website. Pretty crappy prices compared to FJRGoodies.com and others. Plus they don't seem to list the FJR for a bunch of products.

Possibly a shill posting, but moving to FJR Vendor offers.

....maybe Pr1 will come back and visit. :assasin:

WOW,,,, Am I imposing on vendors here or what.. I bought an FJR in Austin around Aug so I am new to the FJR family... Have been reading posts on this site and others since. Alot of great info out there and I thank all of you for such informative sites...... DIDN'T REALIZE THAT POSTING A COMMENT ABOUT A SITE THAT I THOUGHT HAD GOOD PRICES WOULD GET HAMMERED. I have never joined any forums except for one that discusses the type of truck I own so when it comes to being savy with all the signatures and crap I am no good, I tried to update my controls but keep getting an error... But all in all I couldn't care less who uses the website I mentioned or who doesn't.... I mentioned it simply to pass info on.... THOUGHT THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE SITE.......MY BAD..... :blink:

Ignacio, actually if you do a comparison, tireexpress is cheaper on every tire except the Michelin.... which consequently is the ones I just bought from them... will have to keep fjrgoodies in mind.... :lol:

WOW,,,, Am I imposing on vendors here or what..
Dude, I wouldn't sweat it. People are just wary of commercial info in a first post, there's a lot of spammers out there. Keep posting, and we'll know you're not one of them! :D

Ignacio,  actually if you do a comparison, tireexpress is cheaper on every tire except the Michelin....  which consequently is the ones I just bought from them...  will have to keep fjrgoodies in mind.... :lol:
Tire express may be cheaper, but Southwest Moto Tire ships them for FREE if you buy a pair. So that saves you in the neighborhood of about 20 bucks.

SWM is $229.90 for a pair of Avons shipped to your CONUS door

FJRGoodies is right at $221. Not sure about shipping, though. However, Sunnyside, the parent of FJRGoodies, is a BIG supporter of the FJR1300 owners and should always strongly be considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone was meaning to jump on you, it was just a questionable first post. (first post, no user profile info, one line about a tire shop with link and that's really it.) We have had random spam before.

Take a sec and post in the new users section and introduce yourself. I'm sure no one minds learning about new vendors, and we don't have any sponsors or such to violate.

Btw, send me a private message about the error you were getting, and if it's still occuring. You can do this by click my username to the left, and then "send private message" from my profile.

Welcome to our community.

and btw, they are only about $15-20 more than my recent purchase from fjrgoodies.com, and are in a closer shipping range. I still think I'd rather support the people that know about the fjr and have given the community great service, such as fjrgoodies, and University motors.

WOW,,,,  Am I imposing on vendors here or what..  I bought an FJR in Austin around Aug so I am new to the FJR family...  Have been reading posts on this site and others since.  Alot of great info out there and I thank all of you for such informative sites......  DIDN'T REALIZE THAT POSTING A COMMENT ABOUT A SITE THAT I THOUGHT HAD GOOD PRICES WOULD GET HAMMERED.  .......
My apologies. I didn't think you'd be back. Mea culpa and not a good way to introduce myself to you. I shoulda PM'ed. We do get spam here a lot.

Welcome to the board sir and looking forward to having you as part of the community.

Good input about the other sites and I certainly don't mind supporting vendors who are helping people in the field,,,, thats the way it should be.... No sweat with the spam thing I understand it is probably tough to tell with FNG....I will post in the New memebers to introduce myself....Thanks :D

Welcome pr1...and don't get discouraged by that lousy reception that I gave you. You know how it is...don't open email unless you know who sent it, etc. Everyone just has to be cautious these days.

Grab a cold one and enjoy the shit-ton of info that this place has to offer.

:beach: :drinks:

When I ordered from Southwestmoto they requierd a signature for delivery. That may be ok for some but my home is in the country and I am at work during delivery hours so it was a pain to get tires delivered. Motorcycle accessories wharehouse has given me good prompt service for years of tire buying.

... Proud of ya'll.

Pr1 for coming back.

Gun, 'Nacio and SlappiePop :D too. (Challenge, response, acceptance with welcome..)

Exactly why I remain here. (like you really want/need me, eh?)

Seriously - Good Job Guyz.