To change color, or not to change colors - that is the question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMaineiac

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
After a recent unfortunate unscheduled get-off that did at least some damage to most of the painted panels, I am wondering if I should take this opportunity to re-paint my '04 a different color. I have always been partial to black. Are there any downsides to changing the color that I need to consider? I know a good body guy that re-painted my saddlebags before, so I know he'll do a great job.

BTW - I am looking for a lower right fairing if anyone has one avail. It took the worst of the fall.

TIA for your thoughts.

+1 on the repaint,

But why go with one of the most boring non-colors ever that has already been used twice by Yamaha?

Dare to be different!!

Break out of the mold.

Be your own man!!

besides... black is a son-of-a-bitch to keep clean. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
personally, these days, I'm partial to this color:

FireTruckGreen5072w.jpg

For sure, if your going to do a repaint, why not go out there and play with a nice exotic color... I'd suggest NOT YELLOW !!!

didn't care for that yellow myself..

There's lots of "black", one with a green or blue flake looks good, very subtle. Maybe with red or gold accents or both.

If I were to repaint my bike I'd do one of 3 things...

1) metal flake gold

goldFJR.jpg

2) A 'true' blue like:

yamaha_fjr-1300_sports-bike.jpg

or 3) two-tone 03 silver and 04 cerulean along the lines of the bike/joints of the tupperware.

sorry, no pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take the opportunity to re-paint a different color, myself.

Color choices are of course very subjective, but the one thing I'd make damn sure of is to select an automotive color, not a m/c specific color. That will give you a wider range of color choices and be a ton cheaper, with a wide variety of manufacurers from which to choose. The prices ColorRite charges absulutely chap my hide...

Post pics when you get done B)

Don