To Michelin, or not to Michelin. That is the question.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
I'm all outta spare tires. It's time to order a fresh supply and I'm wondering if anyone really needs the Haulin Ashe Tread Wear Index Reading for Michelin Pilot Road-2 tires?

I mean, come on guys and gals, those rubber puppies are nearly $50/set more than RoadSmarts, which means they will have to yield at least 20% more tread life with equal handling performance, in order to simply break even!

So Admins, ship this off to NEPRT where all my contributions live, and somebody speak now (with a good offer) or I'm ordering RoadSmarts and retiring from tire testing for a while.

I'm interested in the PR2's so what do I need to do? PayPal you some coin?? But I don't need it right away as I'm set for the near future.

Tom

I'm all outta spare tires. It's time to order a fresh supply and I'm wondering if anyone really needs the Haulin Ashe Tread Wear Index Reading for Michelin Pilot Road-2 tires?
I mean, come on guys and gals, those rubber puppies are nearly $50/set more than RoadSmarts, which means they will have to yield at least 20% more tread life with equal handling performance, in order to simply break even!

So Admins, ship this off to NEPRT where all my contributions live, and somebody speak now (with a good offer) or I'm ordering RoadSmarts and retiring from tire testing for a while.
Jeff, better quality usually costs more.

Jim

I think you will get 20% more based on my experience. Of course I only run the posted speed limits and have never passed on a double yellow... ;)

JW

All I can say is that after trying Metzler Z-6's, Avon Azaros & Storms, & Bridgestone BT-21's, I will not bother trying another tire after the PR2's.

IMO they are the best handling/ best steering/ best traction wet & dry tire I have used on the FJR & I have no idea what mileage I will get out of them yet & I'm not sure it matters. 100% satisfied customer with the PR2's, but what do I know? :wacko:

I think you will get 20% more based on my experience. Of course I only run the posted speed limits and have never passed on a double yellow... ;)
JW

An if anyone wants to buy into that, I have some fantastic hurricane proof swamp land in nawrlins to sell. :lol:

What the hell else you got to do? Sure, go burn up a set and let us know. ;)

TIA

TWN

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

I've got 9k on my PR2's, and it looks like I'll be able to squeeze another 1500 out of them (see pics in this thread). If you could thrash a set to confirm good tire life, that might help people decide whether to part with the extra $$$ for the Michelins.

It's worth 5 bucks for me to see how fast you can tear up a good set of tires. Besides I would like to see you compare them to the Dunlop Roadsmarts.

Let me know the paypal and others will pitch in too.

HaulinAshe - Try them! They aren't the *best* I've used but are the ones I spoon on the front for riding extended distances away from home. ME880 rear, PRII up front. Nice combo. Await you report! :rolleyes:

It's worth 5 bucks for me to see how fast you can tear up a good set of tires. Besides I would like to see you compare them to the Dunlop Roadsmarts.
Let me know the paypal and others will pitch in too.
I can do this. Just let me know where to send money.

Tom

Jeff,

C'mon Brother.. Do it! Do it in the name of a true riders comparo... Not just what magazines and advertisers say! Do it for your Forum Brothers and Sisters!

Who's got the best price these days??

WW

Latest posts