Took the plunge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00524-1.jpg

Congratulations! Here's my bike on Vancouver Island last June! Beautiful place to ride!

You're gonna love it!

Hey Willie, welcome to the hoarde. There are a few of us FJR types on the Island, the more the merrier. Once these wind and rain storms pass and the sun melts the black ice on the Malahat and gives us some riding time past 5pm, perhaps you can grab Rocketdoc and come up-Island for some riding. And for sure plan to ride with us this July to WFO-6 in Utah.

BTW, moving the vent panels to the out position will give you enough warm air on the legs to make riding around town quite comfortable until it turns warm again in March.

Hey Willie, welcome to the hoarde. There are a few of us FJR types on the Island, the more the merrier. Once these wind and rain storms pass and the sun melts the black ice on the Malahat and gives us some riding time past 5pm, perhaps you can grab Rocketdoc and come up-Island for some riding. And for sure plan to ride with us this July to WFO-6 in Utah.
BTW, moving the vent panels to the out position will give you enough warm air on the legs to make riding around town quite comfortable until it turns warm again in March.
Thanks for that tip, the bike now has a whopping 55km's on it and it was indeed a cool ride. The manual is still in the wrapper and i'll be looking for these vents you speak of right away!!! Utah eh? Hmmm what are the dates?

Utah eh? Hmmm what are the dates?
Under the "Rides" section there is a heading for WFO-6. lookie here

The first entry gives what details there are. That is followed by MUCH humor and silliness. The actual hotel rates, etc. have not been finalized. Once they are there will be a separate post for that. At least it will give you a framework from which to plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found them tonight and the battery compartment up on the right in the fairing (interesting spot), so now i can plug me vest in!!!!

Congradulations, you will love this bike. Had ridden Harleys for over 25 years, now I can't manage much time on my Harley. FJR is addictive. If you decide some seat rework is in order, do yourself a favor, contact Rich in Seattle. He has done many Feejers and does an excellent job.

Today i purchase the heated grip wraps, these seemed like a good compromise to all the work and expense of the other types of grips, for the few times a year that they are warranted! The wingers have discovered my betrayal at the purchase of a Yamaha (Ha Ha), i can't decide whether they are disappointed in me or just plain jealous LOL I'll go with jealous!!!!

Well she's at home! :yahoo:
I took it out for a very chilly inaugural ride, brr, the fairing is not Gold wing size thats for sure, a fair bit more wind on the body, although i love the adjustable shield.

Oh and i guess the bags aren't in yet :( oh well I'm not touring anywhere for quite a while, and judging from the parking job i just did out back, they have to come off every time baby comes home anyways!!!

Is it summer yet? I now have a reason to move to somewhere warmer!!!!!
I think you will love the bike. I ride in below freezing temps often, even here in California (for only about 30 mins). Just wanted to ask you, are you wearing riding pants? Before I got mine a year ago, things were much colder. I also did the same commute daily, rain or shine, on an FZ6, which has considerable less wind protection (in my opinion). Try some winter riding pants. Tour Master and Frank Thomas are cheap and I know the Frank Thomas pants are warm at 28 F at 80MPH. Of course, as you said, the wing will always be warmer. Enjoy your new bike! :eek:neeyedsmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Willie,

you will not be sorry that you bought this amazing scooter. I had a 99 Concours before I bought my 06. I put my 500 deposit down in November and took delivery in May. I hadn't riden this bike but knew from all of the stuff that I had read on this site that this was the bike for me. I can't tell you how much this forum has added to my knowledge, love and appreciation for riding motorcycles. My 06 has 8000 mile on her now and I gotta tell you that you will love every mile that you put on her. The power is amazing, the handling- precise, and the comfort is great. I took her for a ride today after a 3 week hiatis due to the weather and she missed me so much! You done real good!!!

take care, ride safely and keep your eyes open for the crazy cagers...

I think I am in love too!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: