• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Top box or trunk for '05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Reaction score
Looking for a trunk and the mounting plate for an '05.

Would hope the trunk has a back rest for the pillon.

Thanks Joe

Got one. Thanks all that replied

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a trunk and the mounting plate for an '05.Would hope the trunk has a back rest for the pillon.

Thanks Joe
I have the mounting plate/rack you'll need: Givi's SR346. Very good condition, $75 plus shipping.

Thatsa about half what you'll pay new...

Jim

Looking for a trunk and the mounting plate for an '05.Would hope the trunk has a back rest for the pillon.

Thanks Joe
Joe, I don't know if you are set on a Yamaha box, but if you are just looking for "a top box" I just bought one of these off ebay. Clicky

It doesn't match the paint on my 05 perfectly, but it is surprisingly close, and for the price $118 shipped, you could pay to have a flat black one painted and still come out smelling like roses. I have only had it on my bike for two weeks now, but I have been very satisfied. It comes with the mounting plate, but I added a piece of acrylic underneath to stiffen it up. It holds 48 liters and is very solid on the back of the bike and makes a sturdy backrest. There is no pad on it , but you could easily add one. Interestingly enough Saddlemen has recently started selling this box under their brand name for about $140 plus shipping. Even though they have been selling on ebay for a long time this is a sold quality product. Now only time will tell how it holds up.

Rubbersidedown thanks,

Will go to there store and see what else they have.

fjrjonesing, If I with the Civi I will get a hold of you for the bracket

Thanks Joe